Nikon D750 & D780

Picked up one of those Peak Design Slide camera straps earlier on. Went for the funky red/burnt orange one :D

Liking it so far used to have a black rapid but was never really happy with it in terms of comfort hopefully this one does a better job.

I have a mix of straps. I don't tend to use one for general stuff but I do like the sun sniper for long lenses and over the shoulder. I bought the spider kit for the odd wedding and that is better still than having over a shoulder.

I want someone to release a new 135, I'd have it instantly, the DC version is just too dated IMO. I need a 24-70 first and then the 70-200 v2 and I'll be back to where I was before I switched. Might chop the tammy in back end of the summer for one of those as it really is a novelty lens for me.
Would be nice if they updated it but kept the DC part of it.

Picked up one of those Peak Design Slide camera straps earlier on. Went for the funky red/burnt orange one :D

Liking it so far used to have a black rapid but was never really happy with it in terms of comfort hopefully this one does a better job.
I changed from the black rapid sport to the PD slide this year, prefer the slide as it's so nice not having the camera spinning round all the time. Much more comfortable having one attachment in the tripod plate rather than both on the camera lugs.

Had the PD Slide for a week now and it's so much better than the free neckstraps. Also don't look like a tourist walking down the beach at sunset as it is tucked away at the hip, but is ready available to 'slide' in a second.

Last edited:
Did you return the Tamron for a refund due to a fault? They have one now which I'm considering, but it maybe your faulty one? How do you find the lens?

Yes mate, but it was the zoom that had totally jammed. Apparently there`s a screw that unscrews when zooming, until it blocks the mechanism. They may have got it fixed, I dunno. TBH I wasn`t overly impressed with the build quality, but that maybe down to the zoom jamming on me. Very sharp though, for the 20 or so images I took ;)

Went out with the hounds this evening looking for some inspiration, and all I got was a shot of some bloody grass! :(

Grass by Chuckoir, on Flickr
That's a coincidence Steve, all I could find tonight was some grass, too...

Week 23: Stone(d)
by Paul M, on Flickr

In keeping with the above, the weather is set to improve here later so I'm gonna head over to The Roaches in the Peak District. Never been to that part before so I'm hoping to find some nice compositions. It'll give me chance to test drive the 19-35 again.

In keeping with the above, the weather is set to improve here later so I'm gonna head over to The Roaches in the Peak District. Never been to that part before so I'm hoping to find some nice compositions. It'll give me chance to test drive the 19-35 again.
I planned on going there myself over the next week, weather depending. I was going to go tomorrow but we're going out for the day now. Look forward to seeing your pics (y)

Yes mate, but it was the zoom that had totally jammed. Apparently there`s a screw that unscrews when zooming, until it blocks the mechanism. They may have got it fixed, I dunno. TBH I wasn`t overly impressed with the build quality, but that maybe down to the zoom jamming on me. Very sharp though, for the 20 or so images I took ;)

Thanks, I think I'll keep clear. (y)

No star trails for me tonight... I've got Kiria coming over for another shoot and my Other Half has agreed to do a double shoot so I'm kind of hoping for a 'light-and-dark' feel to the images. :)

A couple of portraits I shot in our office balcony with the 24-85 VR as it was the only lens I had on my camera to shoot streets. Space was really tight up there.

Madhu
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Keshu
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

I used a 6D in the absence of my D750 today...

It had one incredible feature that I never really appreciated until I used it, and that's how good it makes the D750 feel.

I used a 6D in the absence of my D750 today...

It had one incredible feature that I never really appreciated until I used it, and that's how good it makes the D750 feel.

What feature?

Been a while since I used my D750 in anger. Normally I stop down a bit more than f2 if I can. There might be some chickens later... :D

_7504486.jpg

It had one incredible feature that I never really appreciated until I used it, and that's how good it makes the D750 feel.:nikon:

Ah, yes, I get you.

I've been drinking most of the afternoon, excuse my reading comprehension lol

Ah, yes, I get you.

I've been drinking most of the afternoon, excuse my reading comprehension lol

Ha, no worries! It made me miss my camera even more!

Spoke to few camera shops today and they have no lead time on when D750 will be back and Nikon have no idea when parts will be in for mine. Happy days!

Ha, no worries! It made me miss my camera even more!

Spoke to few camera shops today and they have no lead time on when D750 will be back and Nikon have no idea when parts will be in for mine. Happy days!

Have you though about demanding a D810 as a replacement as surely they can't leave you empty handed for too long?>?

Lovely pics Andy... they look almost painterly (y). The only slight distraction which is a personal thing is the lack of a catchlight in her right eye... shouldn't matter but for some reason it bugs me!

Yeah, was only a single flash lighting her so I should've had her face more towards the flash

Well unfortunately the forecast wasn't quite right but it was good to have a reccy and visit a new area of the Peaks. It's an incredible landscape around there, the rocks are literally the size of houses.

The Roaches
by David Raynham, on Flickr
So frustrating when that happens, it was much cloudier and duller than predicted. Today's supposed to be a glorious day though :rolleyes:

Yep, all around there is stunning, and quite varied. Dovedale's a stone's throw away and different again.

Where about was this. Wasn't much cloud in Hope [emoji848]

Back