Nikon D750 & D780

Anyone have the Nikon 70-200 f4 - how is the sharpness at the long end ? anyone in a position to compare it to the f2.8 version? not sure if this is the correct place for this but it is for the d750.

I don't have one (yet) ordered the 70-200 f4 on Friday though. Most reviews I've seen suggest that its as good as the f2.8 without the weight size (and obviously f2.8!)

Lightroom 5.7 now available
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.7

• Canon EOS 7D Mark II
  • Canon PowerShot G7 X
  • Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
  • Casio EX-100PRO
  • Fujifilm X30
  • Fujifilm X100T
  • Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver
  • Leaf Credo 50
  • Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)
  • Leica M-P
  • Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
  • Leica X (Typ 113)
  • Nikon D750
  • Olympus PEN E-PL7
  • Olympus STYLUS 1s
  • Panasonic DMC-CM1
  • Panasonic DMC-GM1S
  • Panasonic DMC-GM5
  • Panasonic DMC-LX100
  • Pentax K-S1
  • Pentax QS-1
  • Samsung NX1
  • Sony ILCE-5100
  • Sony ILCE-QX1
I assume then that tethering will be also suppoted :)

Well i assumed incorrectly.
Just spent 1/2 hr trying to get LR 5.7 to recognise the 750 and nowt occured.
PC knew when the camera was turned on and off but LR said "No Camera Detected" no matter what i tried.
Connected my D7000 and LR detected straight away.

@NikonKev thanks for your help with those questions

Little bit disappointed in both especially the counting up display! It should be there on a high end FF Nikon considering the Canon 60d does it!!

Suppose I'll just have to hope that Digicam control works better with the D750 than it does with the d5200

Thanks

D750 Owners ...... Is there tethering software available for this camera??
I know Nikon do have software for some models but they don't for my current D5200 so I've been using a Free 3rd party program which does the job but I'd hope the Nikon software is far superior

Nikon Camera Control Pro 2.19 does support the D750 - and the D5200. I've owned and upgraded it (freely) since version 2.0 and Nikon have always been pretty prompt in updating for recently introduced cameras. It is of course somewhat costly at around £135.95 from WEX.

A good alternative which I also use is "ControlMyNikon Pro" from Tetherscript. The current version 5.0 is US$49.95 so a lot cheaper than Nikon. This version does not support the D750, but version 5.1 shortly to be released will do. You could download a 14-day trial of 5.0 to use with your D5200. In the meantime, I'm testing 5.1 beta which supports the D750 very well. Why do I have two applications? - ControlMyNikon has an integral focus stacking capability and several more neat features that CCP doesn't have. It took some persistence to get over some of the newly introduced "features" in version 5 during the testing period but the release version was pretty good. Version 5.1 beta has cured many bugs, mainly in the user interface, and would appear to be pretty stable as it is. I don't want to put you off V5.0. The bugs are not that easy to find!

@NikonKev thanks for your help with those questions

Little bit disappointed in both especially the counting up display! It should be there on a high end FF Nikon considering the Canon 60d does it!!

Suppose I'll just have to hope that Digicam control works better with the D750 than it does with the d5200

Thanks

You can use a timer remote on Bulb setting, Either hold down the release button and watch the display count up or use the timer function on the remote to set the duration and watch it count down.
This is the one i use.
Ramozz-Remote-Control-shutter-Release

Has the internal clock on anybody's D750 jumped from 2014 to 2016? Files from wedding pre-new year are 2014 and files from an engagement shoot today are 2016. Checked my D750 and it was indeed set to 2016. It's not a setting that I'd likely change accidentally so I'm wondering if it's happened to anybody else?

Has the internal clock on anybody's D750 jumped from 2014 to 2016? Files from wedding pre-new year are 2014 and files from an engagement shoot today are 2016. Checked my D750 and it was indeed set to 2016. It's not a setting that I'd likely change accidentally so I'm wondering if it's happened to anybody else?
I hadn't looked before, but mine's on 2015.

Nikon Camera Control Pro 2.19 does support the D750 - and the D5200. I've owned and upgraded it (freely) since version 2.0 and Nikon have always been pretty prompt in updating for recently introduced cameras. It is of course somewhat costly at around £135.95 from WEX.

A good alternative which I also use is "ControlMyNikon Pro" from Tetherscript. The current version 5.0 is US$49.95 so a lot cheaper than Nikon. This version does not support the D750, but version 5.1 shortly to be released will do. You could download a 14-day trial of 5.0 to use with your D5200. In the meantime, I'm testing 5.1 beta which supports the D750 very well. Why do I have two applications? - ControlMyNikon has an integral focus stacking capability and several more neat features that CCP doesn't have. It took some persistence to get over some of the newly introduced "features" in version 5 during the testing period but the release version was pretty good. Version 5.1 beta has cured many bugs, mainly in the user interface, and would appear to be pretty stable as it is. I don't want to put you off V5.0. The bugs are not that easy to find!

Do the above software left you use live view on the laptop/computer screen? also do they have the focus buttons which lets you focus without touching the lens??

Thanks

You can use a timer remote on Bulb setting, Either hold down the release button and watch the display count up or use the timer function on the remote to set the duration and watch it count down.
This is the one i use.
Ramozz-Remote-Control-shutter-Release

Yeah that's what I was going to do just a little bit of a let down knowing the camera doesn't have the ability to do it it self, like the Canons (not that I know how many Canons do it)

Thanks

Both Nikon Camera Control and ControlMyNikon incorporate tethered live view, focusing, control of aperture, shutter speed, ISO and a whole lot more. Their respective Web sites will tell you all you need to know.

Well.. We should have two D750's delivered today from Panamoz! Pretty exciting, they are our first Nikons after making the switch from canon.

Just a question regarding the banding issue, if my new cameras have it, what are my options with Panamoz? Never used them before.

Edit : also, do I need to register the camera with Nikon at all?

Last edited:
If you receive a faulty camera from Panamoz they will refund you or offer a replacement. It was the case for me before Christmas when I had a refund as they couldn't deliver before the New Year.

As per the banding issue, I wouldn't bother going to look for it, it not going to effect every camera, have a look through this thread and even if you do have it, it's difficult to repeat.

There will be a possible fix from Nikon as previously mentioned in this thread and they will fix all effected cameras. If the fault is from a batch of hardware they may be able to trace the cameras by serial number. I registered my D750 with NIkon as you receive notifications from Nikon for any changes or other info regarding your camera.

Also, If another probelm arose from your camera you are covered by Panamoz 3 year warranty and they advise to send to Nikon or approved Nikon repairer and they cover costs of repair.

Enjoy the camera it's a great bit of kit.

Last edited:
If you receive a faulty camera from Panamoz they will refund you or offer a replacement. It was the case for me before Christmas when I had a refund as they couldn't deliver before the New Year.

As per the banding issue, I wouldn't bother going to look for it, it not going to effect every camera, have a look through this thread and even if you do have it, it's difficult to repeat.

There will be a possible fix from Nikon as previously mentioned in this thread and they will fix all effected cameras. If the fault is from a batch of hardware they may be able to trace the cameras by serial number. I registered my D750 with NIkon as you receive notifications from Nikon for any changes or other info regarding your camera.

Also, If another probelm arose from your camera you are covered by Panamoz 3 year warranty and they advise to send to Nikon or approved Nikon repairer and they cover costs of repair.

Enjoy the camera it's a great bit of kit.

That's great, thanks for that!

Disaster... just arrived into work which is where the cameras were being delivered to. Only one camera here! Can't call panamoz now until they open at 16:00 GMT :(

That's great, thanks for that!

Disaster... just arrived into work which is where the cameras were being delivered to. Only one camera here! Can't call panamoz now until they open at 16:00 GMT :(

Send Tina an email, she may still be there now, if not she will come back to you during the early hours, our time. You should have here details from the order form.

Edit: due to the parcel sizes, as mine was a snug fit, you may have two deliveries / boxes?

Last edited:
Mine too was a snug fit inside the outer box. ( Arrived this morning, posted last Friday-beat that any UK supplier!)
UK plug etc. Only usual things missing were the warranty paperwork. Not expecting to need it though.
Already registered it via "my Nikon"! No alarm bells rung. And just for fun emailed Nikon UK a question about how would I know if my D750 had the "flare" issue. Await a reply! I could always call NPS.
Bought an extra battery and 32GB SD card. They were in the inner box.
All looking good. Need to configure it like my old D700, just so I know where everything is......................

Cant connect iphone5 to D750 via wifi. Followed instructions (honest). Iphone can see d750, but d750 don't seam to want to connect .Any ideas?

Last edited:
After weighing up a 6D (Poor AF system) 5D3 (too heavy and more expensive) I think I have finally decided to go with a D750, only problem is I am really struggling on lens choices and where best to spend the money.

1. Sigma 35 and Nikon 85 1.8 (£2049) - Excellent primes, nice wide apertures.
2. Nikon 24-120 F4 and Nikon 85 1.8 (£1907) - Saves a little money, 24-120 serves as a good walk around but only F4
3. Nikon 24-70 F2.8 (£2080) - Most expensive, heavy but does everything in one go

Any thoughts? Plan is for travel, portraits, family shots.

After weighing up a 6D (Poor AF system) 5D3 (too heavy and more expensive) I think I have finally decided to go with a D750, only problem is I am really struggling on lens choices and where best to spend the money.

2. Nikon 24-120 F4 and Nikon 85 1.8 (£1907) - Saves a little money, 24-120 serves as a good walk around but only F4
3. Nikon 24-70 F2.8 (£2080) - Most expensive, heavy but does everything in one go

Where are you getting your prices wow ?

Depends on your personal preferences, but these days I mostly shoot primes and the Sigma 35mm Art is brilliant so I'd go for that plus the 85mm option. Personally, I'd swap the 85mm for the Sigma 50mm Art which I also have and love.

With your stated use I would certainly go for the 24-120 and 85 - the f4 on the 24-120 won't be a problem for the D750, on my D4 I've had bad exposures which were virtually black that were fine after going through ACR.
Walkabout/travel the 24-120 gives you that little extra reach and the 85 will be great for portraits etc.

Based on what youve said id go with the 24-120 f4 then order somthing else at a later date, thats only cause i cause i tried primes and couldnt get away with them!! many many people swear by them but i couldnt get away with them so when i order my d750 in the next couple of weeks ill be getting the 24-120 + 16-35 and i know this really goes against what ive just said but the 14mm Samyang (yes i know its a prime) but for my astro so far ive used the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and it always been at 11mm so guess the 14mm on FF would fill that gap,

It's all down to personal preference, hence a number of differing views. For me, the first option. I have rationalised my kit for now and use 35mm & 85mm for 95% of what I do, which sounds similar to you. Zooms are just a compromise and depending where you are with your photography, there's more to be learnt from mastering focal lengths and therefore primes.

35 and 50, to me, are just a little too close. I invested in the 35G and picked up a 85G secondhand to save a couple hundred £s. I know the sigma gets rave reviews but would be careful buying a grey one, I've had too many QA issues with them in the past and vowed never again, maybe it's improved?

It's all down to personal preference, hence a number of differing views. For me, the first option. I have rationalised my kit for now and use 35mm & 85mm for 95% of what I do, which sounds similar to you. Zooms are just a compromise and depending where you are with your photography, there's more to be learnt from mastering focal lengths and therefore primes.

35 and 50, to me, are just a little too close. I invested in the 35G and picked up a 85G secondhand to save a couple hundred £s. I know the sigma gets rave reviews but would be careful buying a grey one, I've had too many QA issues with them in the past and vowed never again, maybe it's improved?
My Sigma 35 ART is gray. Doesn't worry me. Not least as there are no issues with it. With some micro-adjust via the sigma USB dock, it is pin sharp from 0.3M to infinity (ish). Great lens.

There's good and bad with everything Roberto, it's just I've had my fair share of dodgy sigmas, so not for me.

Anyway, here's a couple of snaps from a family meal yesterday with my 35G in horrendous, harsh lighting. Terrible conditions and unless you like flashy pics, just not possible with a zoom. Shot wide open around 2500 ISO.

I took the Panamoz plunge for a D750 late on Thurs night/Fri morning, I heard today from them that new orders were not processed over the weekend for some reason, so my UPS tracking isn't showing any progress as of yet. I was hoping to have in in time to try out at a kart race meeting this coming Sunday, as my D7100 has been struggling a little with high ISOs, due to the poor light at this time of the year. UPS are stating a delivery time of 3-5 days, so I may just be ok.

This will be my first FF body, so I am looking forward to giving it a good back to back test with the D7100.

Back