Nikon D750 & D780

Had this reply from Panamoz this morning, I'm guessing I just register the camera on that Nikon link?

Sorry to hear this. Sorry, we don't think unaffected stock yet. It will probably take a few weeks, but we don't have a confirmed date yet. Would you consider to ask Nikon to service it? We will pay for all charges, of course.

Ok for the sake of clarity and for those of us who are not in touch with current childrens slang texting speak what is a RTM ???
The best Google could come up with is "Right to Manage" or "Remember the Milk" which i am sure is not your implication.

RTM = Return to Manufacturer

"Report to Moderator" would be my guess. Not that I can see any posts that would need reporting? Unless Gary's wife has logged on to report his posts ... ;)

Seriously though, my D750 also comes back as being affected. Has anyone actually got a D750 that has come back negative? I can replicate the issue but it's doubtful it would show up in my normal images.

dpreview have added a page about the issue to their review - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d750/9

They suggest their "bad" D750 front-focuses more but as they were only testing 2 D750's it's not exactly conclusive. I wonder if Canon 1D X owners will start shining torches into their cameras ...

I think, as someone has already pointed out, all bodies are being recalled. Mine shows no signs of the problem and I have really tried to replicate it but it's on the list as was an early model. Just sent the e-mail, what a ball ache. Had to send my QNAP in recently too for repair, still waiting for that.

Ok for the sake of clarity and for those of us who are not in touch with current childrens slang texting speak what is a RTM ???
The best Google could come up with is "Right to Manage" or "Remember the Milk" which i am sure is not your implication.

Try "Reports to Moderation" - i.e. complaints to "da management" about someone being a cockwomble. ;)

RMT- Report to Moderator.

If I buy a brand new D750 from a reputable UK supplier this afternoon will it be unaffected or will I need to return it to Nikon to be fixed? I have a feeling that I should be able to return if for a replacement rather than repair but will check with the supplier. Last time I looked at their shelf they were offering £150 trade in against any SLR so it'll be goodbye Mr F65!

If I buy a brand new D750 from a reputable UK supplier this afternoon will it be unaffected or will I need to return it to Nikon to be fixed? I have a feeling that I should be able to return if for a replacement rather than repair but will check with the supplier. Last time I looked at their shelf they were offering £150 trade in against any SLR so it'll be goodbye Mr F65!
Only the supplier can answer that. Only they will know whether they've received the new stock from Nikon.

Yer i thought i'd get shot of an old en BUT
I got my 750 from Jessops and their site has a checker which gives a trade in price so it appeared they may give less than £150.00...well the one i wanted to trade was not on the list :( so no trade in for me.
If they all work off the same system then the Sony F65 isn't listed either :eek:
I would ask first before expectations are at there height ;)

just to add to previous posts - mine too has an affected number (a very early model) but I cannot duplicate the effect although it does front focus by beween +1 - +5 on various Nikon lenses ! I will not be returning it though.

I logged a call for my 'grey' D750 just after lunchtime yesterday, I received an email at 10:30am this morning with a link to print off a post paid label to return mine for repair.

Pretty quick.....

I logged a call for my 'grey' D750 just after lunchtime yesterday, I received an email at 10:30am this morning with a link to print off a post paid label to return mine for repair.

Pretty quick.....
Did you have to provide and proof or anything else with it being a grey import? Mine didn't come with any sort of warranty card.

Did you have to provide and proof or anything else with it being a grey import? Mine didn't come with any sort of warranty card.
I don't have a Nikon warranty card either. My camera came from HDEW & they included a 3rd party warranty card. When I filled in the report details on the Nikon website, there was a checklist of items that were to be included when returning the camera. I only ticked body cap & pressed enter, I then got an error message saying I need to include proof of purchase for a warranty repair. I ticked proof of purchase & it completed ok.

So, I shall be sending a photocopy of my HDEW invoice along with the camera. Nikon must know it is a grey import from the serial no. mine begins 850xxxx

Last edited:
Only the supplier can answer that. Only they will know whether they've received the new stock from Nikon.
Yer i thought i'd get shot of an old en BUT
I got my 750 from Jessops and their site has a checker which gives a trade in price so it appeared they may give less than £150.00...well the one i wanted to trade was not on the list :( so no trade in for me.
If they all work off the same system then the Sony F65 isn't listed either :eek:
I would ask first before expectations are at there height ;)

Well, the sign in the cabinet reads SLR and £150 trade in, no mention of UP TO or DSLR. When it came to doing the deal and I produced the Nikon F65 SLR, the truth came out that it had to be a DSLR and that it was UP TO £150... Result? No sale - I'll stick with my D700. The upgrade was only going to be done to get a good deal on the F65! No skin off my nose, just a lost £1700+ sale for them (and a letter of complaint to HO.)

A conversation with LCE's head office has been productive, hence my new thread and poll. If you are a D750 owner, please have a look at the new thread and participate in the poll. Pretty please!!!

A conversation with LCE's head office has been productive, hence my new thread and poll. If you are a D750 owner, please have a look at the new thread and participate in the poll. Pretty please!!!
Only trouble with polls as with the last poll about the D750 is it will get inundated with trolls, well 2 in particular who dont even own the D750 but will sure as hell put in a negative vote for the hell of it.

So far it looks like they can't be bothered!

As always, like Amazon reviews, I'll be taking a certain number of negatives as micturition extraction!

Tomorrow might be a trip into town day.

I bought my D750 despite having read the reports about the flare problem. I have not experienced it myself, I have not tried to reproduce it but I will get my camera fixed by Nikon, if only to ensure if/when I sell it sometime in the future I can say it has been 'fixed' should any prospective purchaser ask. I have voted on the poll ;)

Well, the sign in the cabinet reads SLR and £150 trade in, no mention of UP TO or DSLR. When it came to doing the deal and I produced the Nikon F65 SLR, the truth came out that it had to be a DSLR and that it was UP TO £150... Result? No sale - I'll stick with my D700. The upgrade was only going to be done to get a good deal on the F65! No skin off my nose, just a lost £1700+ sale for them (and a letter of complaint to HO.)

Yep i thought it very misleading tbh and it would appear that is something Nikon has implemented as that's Jessops and LCE adopting this criteria :(

Unlike you i couldn't resist :runaway:

Noted and thanks, Brian.

I think once all this fuss about the flare thing is sorted I'm going to trade my D800 for a D750..... I don't think I'll miss the 12mp that much and the output looks incredible from the 750, I'm also finding that the folding LCD would be really handy when I'm using the camera on a tripod, its a pain bending down all the time with the D800!

I don't have a Nikon warranty card either. My camera came from HDEW & they included a 3rd party warranty card. When I filled in the report details on the Nikon website, there was a checklist of items that were to be included when returning the camera. I only ticked body cap & pressed enter, I then got an error message saying I need to include proof of purchase for a warranty repair. I ticked proof of purchase & it completed ok.

So, I shall be sending a photocopy of my HDEW invoice along with the camera. Nikon must know it is a grey import from the serial no. mine begins 850xxxx

Will you keep us posted on this? I thought that serials beginning with 8 were UK though? Mine begins with 2 and the box had a 'JP' code on a sticker. The invoice is from a UK address though ;)

Will you keep us posted on this? I thought that serials beginning with 8 were UK though? Mine begins with 2 and the box had a 'JP' code on a sticker. The invoice is from a UK address though ;)

I might be wrong but I think with the D600 mess Nikon repaired even greys for free..... fingers crossed!

My D750 is on its way to Nikon now courtesy of ParcelForce Express 24 hour delivery. I will post progress .... My box had SG on it with serial no 850xxxx, I am guessing this might indicate Singapore? My invoice was from HDEW who are UK based.

I disagree. People earning a living with their kit should be prioritised. It's a crucial point of being an NPS member. It's not a case of 'more deserving'.

Having made the decision, I've now made the purchase! Not only did LCE honour the shelf label and give me £150 against the F65, they also gave me an extra tenner for it and (as part of a separate shelf label deal) gave me a couple of 32GB SanDisk Ultra cards (retail ticket price £29.99 each) since they had run out of the LCE branded ones that were the original deal. One happy customer - thanks, LCE, even if it did take a mildly ranting "Contact Us" form communication to get it sorted.

Just got to wait for the battery to charge so I can format the cards in camera and have a play. Gives me time to have a look at TFM!!!

Do you spend your whole life looking for rucks?

If you can't see that this is exactly where NPS should kick in thats your choice. I disagree.

The fact it's not a paid service is irrelevant. Either offer it and make it worthwhile or don't.

According to Nikons website :
Pro-track Express Service
Nikon Pro-track is our express turnaround repair service, developed to assist NPS members when their equipment needs urgent attention.

It seems to me the onus is on the NPS member to request assistance via this service when their equipment needs urgent attention. Have any NPS users requested their D750 cameras be fixed using the Pro-track Express Service as opposed to the 'public' D750 Advisory website?

As far as I see it the D750 service advisory website is a first come first served service for everyone. I didn't notice if there was an option to request favoured treatment for NPS members when I completed my request..... I guess I was lucky in the sense that I applied for repair action as soon as the service was made available.

Maybe Nikon expected NPS members to use the Pro-track service not the public one?

Wonder what happens to d750 sent to service centre that isn't affected , but is on the list . How will they check it and what will they do with it? If they are 'blanket' calling in all original production what will they look for - cannot believe they will test shoot them - will they be looking for the defective module ? Could the users not check for this ?

Back