Nikon D750 & D780

Weird, a normal D750 in currys is £1750. Almost like their "tax free" price isn't quite true, who'da thunk it.

Weird, a normal D750 in currys is £1750. Almost like their "tax free" price isn't quite true, who'da thunk it.

No such think as tax free anymore, not when travelling between EU member states. You still pay the VAT at the airport too.

You've done well to find a 20 1.8 Brian, no where seems to have them in stock. Would be interested to know how it shapes up.

Its taken a few weeks but I received a 20mm f1.8G that I had on order last week, it seems to be a cracker of a lens so far on my D800 I'm thinking it can replace my 16-35 f4. I've got a few shots I took last week, I'll get them up later.

I am not so sure I have yet :( I ordered it from Amazon about 3 weeks ago & I still don't have a delivery date. I can still give them a couple of weeks more before I need a plan B.

Its been out of stock on Amazon since about November after the very first batch sold out, I bought mine via Clifton Cameras and they advised that Nikon are struggling with stock for this in Europe and are seemingly unable to confirm likely delivery dates. WEX seem to have it in stock from time to time.

We'll I've just tried to get the flare issue to appear on mine for the first time, and no luck. Shooting direct into a bright light at 200mm and trying the liught in all sorts of different positions and I got nothing at all.

Will try some other focal lengths.

Shot another engagement session yesterday with lots of backlighting. Got some intended flare, but no banding. Note that I always use lens hoods.

Also, received my return email from Nikon today.

I will say I did like the feel of the camera tho. They had a 24-70 2.8 on the display so I stuck that on the front and got a feel of the combo. Did feel good.

Even without the pro lens the body did feel very nice. I expected it to feel a little "plasticy" after my D300 but I didn't get that.

E-Mail arrived today for me to return the 750 (20th claim submitted)

Attached instructions that they included as some members have asked what is required or acceptable.

My email also arrived today,now what to do iam off for a week on 14th February. Do I return it now and hope it will be back on time. I can't post it until Thursday either so dilemmas dilemmas.....

Not sure if it's just me, but today I tested out 3 of my lenses to check focus. A 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8 and 70-200mm 2.8. The 50mm needed +3 while the others wanted +2 on the focus correction. Just surprised all three were so close. Was expecting one to be - 5, one +6 and so on.

I have cancelled my Amazon lens order. I found Mathers have the Nikon AF-S 20mm F1.8 lens in stock at £619 :) Ordered one this morning, it should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
I was testing focus on my 50mm yesterday when I popped my variable ND on the front. It still managed to focus, albeit slower and not 100% reliably, with 8 stops cut out. Actually did better at 8 than at 7!

I'll have full comments and files for download of the 10 stop Camdiox, 2-8 stop Camdiox and their circular polariser! (eventually)

Hi I have a D750, bought a Leica 35-70 vario elmar with adapter. Any tips on setting metering with manual lens pl

I'm still waiting for Tina to get back to me once they have the D750 in stock but up to now Panamoz are outstanding for customer service Tina is nothing but helpful not see how many other people work there but if only our UK company's had this much time for people

I cant speak highly enough of Panamoz, Nikon returned my camera minus the battery so Panamoz have bought me a brand new one, they have also credited me with £50 towards my next spend, now thats service
It makes you wonder about the margins in the UK retail & distribution operation if Panamoz can offer low prices & still provide such excellent & generous after sales service?

I cant speak highly enough of Panamoz, Nikon returned my camera minus the battery so Panamoz have bought me a brand new one, they have also credited me with £50 towards my next spend, now thats service

I sent a body back to Nikon about 3 years ago, with the battery. It came back without it, when I queried it, I was virtually accused of lying and trying to get a new battery out of them. Eventually they sent me a used battery full of scratches 'out of goodwill'. Apparently when you fill in the online return form you have to list the battery and body as two separate items. I just put them down as one item.

Not only that. When I got my D750 from them they gave me £60 off what everyone else paid because a) they couldn't promise a UK manual and plug(£50 and it did have them) and b) it was delayed a few days (£10).

It's a bit crazy. But then they can be more expensive on some lenses, like the 85mm 1.8 I wanted. Amazon are cheaper (£25) and HDEW were cheaper still (another £20 iirc)

Anyone have any uk return times for 750 sent in for flair problem - from date of actual return . Also what is the lead time from requesting service to the email with address labels.

48 hrs. But I sent mine in with an NPS note. It went via the same method as others here so I don't know if the NPS note sped things up.

Anyone have any uk return times for 750 sent in for flair problem - from date of actual return . Also what is the lead time from requesting service to the email with address labels.
24 hours from logging the call to receiving the email but I logged my call on the first day they were accepting calls for the service advisory. 7 days to mail it off, get it fixed & receive it back. I posted mine to Nikon the day after I received the email, so 9 days in total.

Last edited:
Has anyone been using their D750 for video work? I would be interested to hear your views on the video side of things. I am contemplating whether to add the D750 to my kit and shift the D800 as a B-Cam. I am exploring the GH4 also but am addicted to the full-frame look of the Nikon and it's low light capabilities compared to the GH4 even though the rest of it is very good for shooting motion.

Has anyone been using their D750 for video work? I would be interested to hear your views on the video side of things. I am contemplating whether to add the D750 to my kit and shift the D800 as a B-Cam. I am exploring the GH4 also but am addicted to the full-frame look of the Nikon and it's low light capabilities compared to the GH4 even though the rest of it is very good for shooting motion.

I am using them for both video and stills. It is a stunning piece of kit and easily as good if not better than the 5D mk3 I used to own.

Flat picture profile is very good for post production. Tilting screen is also very useful. I do miss having focus peaking a little though as I had magic lantern on my mk3. I have a lcd magnifying viewfinder which I have yet to use.

I am using them for both video and stills. It is a stunning piece of kit and easily as good if not better than the 5D mk3 I used to own.

Flat picture profile is very good for post production. Tilting screen is also very useful. I do miss having focus peaking a little though as I had magic lantern on my mk3. I have a lcd magnifying viewfinder which I have yet to use.

Do you not use the zebra stripes ?

I take it we Nikonites have nothing close to ML ?

I found the only thing I used was focus peaking. Though I only dabbled in video occasionally I am sure it has many other benefits

Back