Nikon D750 first couple of images

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Well, finally decided to take the plunge into the full frame world and bought myself a Nikon D750.
Wow, I have only been out with it once, but I'm very impressed with it. Focusing is just so much better than my D7100, high ISO noise or should I say lack of noise ;)
Anyway here's a couple of images;

Pigeon Indifference by NikonNigel, on Flickr

On the run by NikonNigel, on Flickr

Dam I so want one of these, but I'm so smuggling to justify it!!! i suspect it would be a read step change from my D7000. Images like this don't help!!!

Just came across this post funny as you've had and got the 2 cameras in pondering over

Is the D750 worth the extra £££ over the d7100??

My plan was to wait for the new d7**** and stay in the crop family but I really like the d750 and so tempted to jump now rather than half jump to the d7100 or the newer crop then always think I wish I'd just made the jump

I've got one big question and a massive favour .... If you wouldn't mind????

I have a love/hate relationship with me D7100, I found it hard to consistently get decent images from it. I'm not saying it is not a good camera, I have plenty of images taken with it that I really like, but I found the focus hit rate so much lower that me D7000.
Here is a sample of my favourite D7100 images;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nmc1007/sets/72157648806359699/

I have only really been out with the D750 once, but what I can say is the number of keeper was high, and the high ISO noise levels are just brilliant. I guess it will all depend on what you photograph and what lenses you have, I do a lot of wildlife photography and I am away next week on a trip so it will be interesting to see how much the loss of the cropped sensor bothers me. Then I can decide which cameras to keep as I current still have my D7000 too!

I have a love/hate relationship with me D7100, I found it hard to consistently get decent images from it. I'm not saying it is not a good camera, I have plenty of images taken with it that I really like, but I found the focus hit rate so much lower that me D7000.
Here is a sample of my favourite D7100 images;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nmc1007/sets/72157648806359699/

I have only really been out with the D750 once, but what I can say is the number of keeper was high, and the high ISO noise levels are just brilliant. I guess it will all depend on what you photograph and what lenses you have, I do a lot of wildlife photography and I am away next week on a trip so it will be interesting to see how much the loss of the cropped sensor bothers me. Then I can decide which cameras to keep as I current still have my D7000 too!

Thanks for the quick reply could you do me a massive favour??

My main focus is Landscapes and Astro and I'm about to make the jump to FX or if the test results are rubbish just go to the d77100 and stay crop!!!

Basically I need a raw file from the following test if you wouldn't mind :|

NR OFF
Lens cap ON
F8
30 second exposure
ISO3200

Under a blanket or wrapped in a towel??? That part is to eliminate light leak

I need to see the d750 sensor noise pattern before making the jump

I will see what I can do, quite a busy week working and getting ready for our trip next week, but I should be able to get a test shot for you :)

I pulled the trigger on one last night. I was also considering a D7100 but I had the FF itch and it needed scratching along with Fuji delaying there super tele. I moved from a D7000 to Fuji XPro then XT1 and I prefered the cleaner outputs of the Fuji and I had the niggle in my head about the D7100 being the same as D7000. Will have to wait a few months for good glass, but I have bought some old D lenses to keep me going for a while.

Back