Nikon D750 Users & Technical Advice Thread

It is the same as the 700/800 Mike,never used the 7100. However, one difference I have found between the 750 and 800 is that if BBF is enabled,you cannot set the usual shutter button to focus as well,if that makes sense.

Why would you want to? If the shutter focussed every time you pressed it, surely there would be no point in bbf? Or am i missing something?

Why would you want to? If the shutter focussed every time you pressed it, surely there would be no point in bbf? Or am i missing something?
Cos when me and mrs frac do weddings, I set the camera that she uses to shutter button only, she hates BBF.

Every time you press the shutter release the camera will focus again. Using the AF - ON as a BBF allows you to focus once on the same subject take as many exposures as you require without refocusing each time. You can also re-frame your subject ( for example) put in 1/3 position with out having to refocus. Many people who adopt this technique never go back.

I'm ashamed to say until a few weeks ago I didn't know what BBF meant I plan to try it out when I work out how to do it on the D750

I'm ashamed to say until a few weeks ago I didn't know what BBF meant I plan to try it out when I work out how to do it on the D750
menu-controls-f4-afon

Thank you still reading the manual......

I'm taking the camera to work tomorrow so will have a go.

Keep reading the manual Mark, soon when you have cracked it, take some pics of the Downton, if you are lucky it will have turned into this

:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::););)

Long time no see.

Nigel

Keep reading the manual Mark, soon when you have cracked it, take some pics of the Downton, if you are lucky it will have turned into this

:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::););)

Long time no see.

Nigel

Hello Nigel didn't know you were on here.

How are things? Do you miss the sport 40?

Likewise, clocked your forum name and thought it must be you! Yes really miss 'the hooligan'. My son is having a shell up resto done at the moment, a clubman, but fitted with a tuned Vauxhall engine! It will take about six months.
Back on topic, great camera choice, have tried one myself, but haven't yet placed the order. Here is a snap I took with one,

Untitled by trickletreat, on Flickr

Have fun clicking.
Nigel

Which Lens is that I know it 70-200 F4 but which brand as does say in the Flikr

Seems a nice enough lens... I am torn between that and the 2.8 or the sigma 2.8

Thanks Bill. I think it's a great lens and if I buy a D750 then it will be the first lens I buy. Light and easy on the neck strap!

What do you reckon of the lens? I was going for that but people keep saying get the 24-70 2.8

Thinking of getting a D750 from Panamoz, does anyone have any experience of this?

;)
Plenty of talk of this in the other thread.....

This could be a mini thread;)

BIF - the D750 acquires focus and locks on very very quickly, even with small birds ……… in todays really poor (contrast) light

streets ahead of the D700, D7100 or D300 - (the only bodies I can compare it with)

just would not have got them with the D7100

Last edited:
Which lens are you using pal? Also which auto focus was you using the 3d?

Which lens are you using pal? Also which auto focus was you using the 3d?

spot focus, i.e. single cell - any lens that you would use for birding - I just happened to have a 70 200mm f2.8VR, (not a birding lens) … testing on a few crows in the dark sky at 120mm and f6.3 …….just locked onto them almost straight away …… bigger birds, bigger lens, nearer would obviously give better results, but I am still reading the manual and understanding the focus options …… in the VF and LV, (which will be handy on a tripod)

Need to get out and take some "proper" shots …… not possible until next week really

Metering modes as recorded by LR5.7

Matrix, Centre-weighted and spot are recorded in the LR EXIF - but not highlight-weighted, (I just get nothing reported)

any reason, or am I misreading something

Last edited:
spot focus, i.e. single cell - any lens that you would use for birding - I just happened to have a 70 200mm f2.8VR, (not a birding lens) … testing on a few crows in the dark sky at 120mm and f6.3 …….just locked onto them almost straight away …… bigger birds, bigger lens, nearer would obviously give better results, but I am still reading the manual and understanding the focus options …… in the VF and LV, (which will be handy on a tripod)

Need to get out and take some "proper" shots …… not possible until next week really

That is good to hear Bill, my D7100 will not lock focus at all on flying Choughs with a dark sea behind them on dull days.

The 3D auto focus tracking is spot on from what I've seen. Took the camera to the zoo with my little one and tried it on some Macaws and a Saker Falcon in-flight and the focus was spot on on pretty much every shot.

Biggest difference for me so far are BIF shots - not been out "proper birding" yet

But you just point it and it locks on …… seems to be accurate 90% plus of the time

A shot taken hand held in the back garden this morning …… nothing special - just messing around getting to know the camera

no processing whatsoever - just RAW out of the camera and converted to jpeg for posting on here

hand held with the Nikon 300mm f4 …. light wasn't good either

OK they are dark and need PP ……. but they should illustrate the point

BIF_15.jpg

CROP of the above

BIF_16.jpg

Last edited:
file sizes - D750

Maybe a daft question - but why do the RAW NEF files vary between 26MB and 29MB - imported into LR?

file sizes - D750

Maybe a daft question - but why do the RAW NEF files vary between 26MB and 29MB - imported into LR?

The RAW file is still a compressed file, so the size will vary depending on the complexity of the shot.

Raw files usually use lossless compression so the quality shouldn't be affected, if not for that a full resolution image on a D750 should work out to about 69MB.

Oh no babies ....... thought I'd done with them 30 years ago ....... but both my son and daughter are getting married in a few months ........so I'll probably have to suffer soon.

attractive child ....... he must gets his good looks from his mother

Spinger Spaniels are fantastic dogs ....... trying to persuade my son and fiasco to get one

Lovely images Adam and congratulations ........

Couple from todays shoot with the D750 (and my son :D)

ACHTUNG,ACHTUNG................pleased as punch new Dad alert................:D

Congrats fella.

Back