Nikon D750 & D780

Thanks both that makes sense just need to get used to turning it off with easy ISO I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Here's a question. I want to use auto ISO in aperture priority mode but want manual to be fully manual so that I can change ISO seperately, can this be done without assigning it to one of the user modes?
No. You can't assign auto ISO enabling to a specific mode other than U1/2.

Thanks both that makes sense just need to get used to turning it off with easy ISO I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums
Easy ISO is manual ISO in A/S/P; it's not turning auto ISO on/off. If auto ISO is enabled you will be adjusting the minimum/base ISO setting.

Rained on and dropped in the mud when I slipped and fell... still never missed a beat.

tracy_and_Tony_fb.jpg

Thanks guys. You always know you're going to enjoy a shoot when the couple take you to a quiet Irish country pub for a Guinness before you start:D

Last edited:
so can you transfer images over wifi to a laptop rather than an iPhone?

I was referring to Ralf's review where he wasn't aware of being able to control the camera from the mobile app, only to transfer pictures to it.
You can see a live view image and tap a focus point, as well as take a shot, but no settings can be adjusted.

I'm not sure if Nikon's software allows direct wifi transfer to a PC/Mac of it's only to the iPhone app. I'd imagine there would be some 3rd party solution to this soon enough for wifi tethering to Lightroom etc?

I've not got my camera here to check, but it creates a network for the phone to join when it does the transfer, so it could well be possible for your latptop to connect to that network and transfer the files over.

I've not got my camera here to check, but it creates a network for the phone to join when it does the transfer, so it could well be possible for your latptop to connect to that network and transfer the files over.

I posted some instructions a few pages ago which simplified the process the manual described which missed out a couple of steps. After playing with the phone I worked it out and posted a step-by-step guide. I'm out and about at the moment so unable to post a link to this. Whether it connects to a laptop or not I'm not sure, there me be a work around. I will explore with my MacBook later in the week when I get a chance. It's the App that's the link, it doesn't work on an iPad (no app) so may not work on a Mac.

Last edited:
Yeah the app seemed to work fine, but as I said, it creates it's own network which should allow other things to connect to it. Whether the camera will allow anything else but the app to see it's contents in another matter.

Getting used to the Nikon now didn't think it would be that much different than Canon. Quite impressed with the DR capability and now I have micro adjusted the lens I bought secondhand it's starting to come together. 2 more lenses ordered too. Here's a quick one of my niece yesterday.

so can you transfer images over wifi to a laptop rather than an iPhone?
Beyond thethered shooting i cant see a practical application for doing that. If shooting raw it would be much quicker to transfer via a reader - most laptops have sd readers these days.

The camera has dropped to £1235 at Panamoz. So tempted to drop the D800 in favour of this for my video and photo needs. Taking a big hit on the D800 is making me :grumpy:

Just received my D750 and had a very quick play with it. Coming from a D700 and D800, my first impressions are good. The smaller and lighter form factor will be much better for those 12+ hour weddings and the flippy LCD means no more lying on the floor, hopefully.

Another benefit is being able to change between aperture priority and manual modes much quicker because thanks to the 'consumer' mode dial.

Tempted to sell my d800e and get either this or a d810. I have no issues with my d800e bar the focus being hit and miss.
The better reported focusing on this and high iso is making it a hard decision.

This is the exact same reason I am mulling whether to drop the D800 to my secondary camera or sell it all together. It works a treat in video mode but the focus is very hit and miss from time to time for moving objects such as people.

I have to report that following more extensive testing over the weekend I am extremely impressed with the 750's DR at high ISO. I didn't use my 5D2 above 3200 but really can push this animal to 12800. The detail around 4000 is still excellent and with LR's NR the detail it keeps is astounding. Anyone thinking of making the move from Canon like me, this is well worth doing so. The autofocus is as good as the reviews make out too, it managed to track next doors cat running towards me which really opened my eyes.

This is the exact same reason I am mulling whether to drop the D800 to my secondary camera or sell it all together. It works a treat in video mode but the focus is very hit and miss from time to time for moving objects such as people.
My D800 was very much my "second camera" to my D4...it only came out when I actually needed what it could do (which was seldom). Now the D810 is more my "preferred camera" assuming the light and frame rate is adequate. The D750 should be right there with them.

I said it before, the D750 is probably the "most balanced" camera Nikon is making right now. Nice tuck between the D4/s and D8xx... funny that it's cheaper than either of them... (they *have* limited it mildly in some ways IMO).

Leaving the D4 at home and shooting a wedding with 2 D750s tomorrow for the first time. Will be a crucial test of it for me. Can't wait...

The camera has dropped to £1235 at Panamoz. So tempted to drop the D800 in favour of this for my video and photo needs. Taking a big hit on the D800 is making me :grumpy:

I'll never ever get a bargain as I can't bring myself to buy from a site that sells stuff too cheap. Generally, the D750 is £1799 at the moment but Panamoz are selling it for £1300 therefore about £500 off.

I may never get a bargain but I have never been ripped off either while adhering to the maxim "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

The one and only time I fell for a cheap deal was when I bought my Nikkor 180mm IF ED as I became convinced that they were a legit camera company. I did get my lens eventually (although it took some time which worried me) and it has worked ever since but it came with no Nikon guarantee card and I have always found that suspicious. When I took a quick look at Google Streetview for the address, it located an industrial unit that looked like it hadn't been used in years, I became very concerned.

I now pay the full price for everything I buy and I buy only from companies I know are legitimate and trustworthy, it is generally worth the extra. Amazon is a case in point, I have had things fail and have received service that can only be dreamed of with other companies. They may not be the cheapest but peace of mind comes at a price.

I'll never ever get a bargain as I can't bring myself to buy from a site that sells stuff too cheap. Generally, the D750 is £1799 at the moment but Panamoz are selling it for £1300 therefore about £500 off.

I may never get a bargain but I have never been ripped off either while adhering to the maxim "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

The one and only time I fell for a cheap deal was when I bought my Nikkor 180mm IF ED as I became convinced that they were a legit camera company. I did get my lens eventually (although it took some time which worried me) and it has worked ever since but it came with no Nikon guarantee card and I have always found that suspicious. When I took a quick look at Google Streetview for the address, it located an industrial unit that looked like it hadn't been used in years, I became very concerned.

I now pay the full price for everything I buy and I buy only from companies I know are legitimate and trustworthy, it is generally worth the extra. Amazon is a case in point, I have had things fail and have received service that can only be dreamed of with other companies. They may not be the cheapest but peace of mind comes at a price.

I've had impeccable service from both Digital Rev and Panamoz whereas I've had awful service from UK dealers including Amazon (price increases on pre-orders) and Jessops. Your maxim, in my experience of buying 2 D750s, certainly isn't correct. Panamoz have delivered me 2 perfect cameras, quickly and efficiently with polite and helpful advice along the way. Current prices are closer to £600 or 33% off... if you buy your UK model at £1799 it will have depreciated well below £1200 the moment you take your first shot. That to me makes buying the UK models a greater risk.

Strangely, I've only ever had trouble from bodies and lenses that I've sourced in the UK and paid UK prices for.

Ordered mine from Panamoz (my first purchase from them) and very impressed by the speed and quality of service. When considering the warranty implications of buying abroad I basically asked myself what is the chance of it going wrong in the next two years and needing more than £500 of repairs? I've never had that happen yet and so I took the plunge. Fingers crossed!

Ordered mine from Panamoz (my first purchase from them) and very impressed by the speed and quality of service. When considering the warranty implications of buying abroad I basically asked myself what is the chance of it going wrong in the next two years and needing more than £500 of repairs? I've never had that happen yet and so I took the plunge. Fingers crossed!

Even if it did need repairs Matt, people have got Panamoz to deal with things as they say they will!

I agree that there are often times things that can appear too cheap to be real, but when I cna sit and talk to other people that have used the company or the service and they all say it was great, I'm happy.

Had I not been able to find anyone that had used Panamoz or DigitalRev I wouldn't have used them. I've used both once and been very very impressed both times.

Same here. Did so the other week. Pleasure to deal with.

That's the one I got - the top screen protector doesn't fit and they've said the're removing them from the packaging!

Thanks Dillip, I did see that it says
  • PRO LCD GLASS PROTECTOR (note - does not include top screen, only main screen as shown in pic)
Is it a good fit, decent quality?

That's the screen protector I've ordered should be due when I get back today.

Re. Panamoz - sorry but it's a no brainer. The service is superb, got my D750 from there and have ordered two lenses which have been dispatched so hoping for the end of the week. The only reason I wouldn't consider is maybe if you're someone who buys and sells their kit frequently for the sake of the latest version, the likes of MPB wouldn't entertain purchasing it from you for example.

What screen protector are you gents using? I like the glass type (GGS etc)

This looks alright...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxsimafoto...6&sr=1-2&keywords=nikon+d750+screen+protector

I got one of those as I felt the flip screen needed the extra protection plus I've gotten used to having the Nikon protectors on my other Nikon DSLRs. It fits nicely and maintains good clarity, but mine also came with a protector for the top LCD which is too big. I've stuck it on anyway, but wouldn't be surprised if it fell off.

Back