Nikon D80 problem

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

After a bit of advice ref by D80 if possible.

It has started to have focussing problems. First noticed on landscapes with near and far objects and seemed to be getting confused and unable to focus. I have tried different lenses and it does this on all, so it isn't a lens problem.

I have also tried different focus areas and it sometimes improves the situation but normally at some point it will not focus.

I assume a return to Nikon is needed. Whats the best way to do this...... high street shop, direct or another way.

OR

Do you one of you have an instant way to sort it out.

Help and advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It may be dust or debris on the AF sensors.

They are located at the bottom of the mirror box, if you lock the mirror up for cleaning you will see a slot at the base of the mirror box, give it a blow out with a rocket blower and see if that sorts it out.

Worth a try before sending it into Nikon.

It may be dust or debris on the AF sensors.

They are located at the bottom of the mirror box, if you lock the mirror up for cleaning you will see a slot at the base of the mirror box, give it a blow out with a rocket blower and see if that sorts it out.

Worth a try before sending it into Nikon.

OK cheers for that, I will give it a try. How do you lock the mirror up?? I might have to google that one.

OK cheers for that, I will give it a try. How do you lock the mirror up?? I might have to google that one.

It is a menu item under the spanner icon (y)

Just to add it requires a fully charged battery otherwise it will be disabled

Last edited:
OK, finally got round to getting a rocket blower. Put the mirror up, blasted out, and tested.

First 10 random photos all focussed OK. Testing this weekend in London for the marathon, so will let you know. Fingers crossed.

Well the camera perfomed OK all weekend. No focussing problems at all.

Thanks for the tip.

Back