Nikon D800 or D800E?

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking at getting a new camera and i was looking at the Nikon D800 and 800E
what is the difference? is the sharpness that different between the 2 cameras?

I should say i'll be using the camera for landscape and printing no bigger than A2

thanks for any help

Nikon-D800-vs-D800E-Sharpness.jpg

FWIW, I had a D800e at the same time as a mate had a D800 and I think you would have to look VERY hard to see any differences in IQ.

Not an issue if you are doing mainly landscapes but if I were in the market now I would be looking at a D810. The improvement in AF just makes it a better all-round camera.

Just my £0.02.

Thanks for the photos, i can't really see a difference.

Just looking at the 810 Gary

Good luck wih your selection. All three are great bodies so you cannot go wrong with any of these.

The big advantage of the D800 is that they are currently going for absolute bargain prices on the used market. I can no longer trade here on TP due to my huge trading figures but I think you could get a low mileage D800 for under £1100.

Looks like i can get a D810 from digital rev for £1659 shipped, i think this will be the way i go

Reactions: ST4
Just been looking at cameras and i had a play with Sony A7r and my lord i'm so tempted with this.
My issue would this camera be as good as the Nikon D810 :thinking:

Just been looking at cameras and i had a play with Sony A7r and my lord i'm so tempted with this.
My issue would this camera be as good as the Nikon D810 :thinking:

In terms of IQ and AF, from what Ive read, no. It does offer a few unique features though.

Panamoz has the A7II with zeiss 24/70 for 1599 the 810 with 24/120 for 1869
I used Panamoz last week, ordered 5pm Monday they were knocking on my door Thursday morning.

The Sony is very good, but I think I'd go d810 but just be weary of weight after 10mins macro work on my dads d800e my arms ached.

Somebody may be able to clarify but the lack of live view on my dads 800e I didnt like, you can get live view on rear LCD but not through VF, the Sony can do this.... Unsure if the D810 changed this but that's kinda a deal breaker for me as I like that feature...

I have owned the D800 and the D800E, although not actually at the same time. There is very little to choose between them.

I foolishly sold my d810. As far a foolish things to do go, I'd put that up there with marrying my first wife.
Camera is a beast, and doesn't really have any weaknesses. It's heavy though- but a black rapid solves that issue.

I have a D810 and a D800 other than the D810 feeling a little quicker to use there isn't much between them. I can't see any difference in images from either.

If you read all the reviews the af on the D810 is supposed be vastly better than the D800 it is probably slightly better but again I wouldn't say there is a huge amount in it.

If I was buying again would probably pick up a used D800 tbh and saved myself some ££££'s.

Back