Nikon D810 + Tethering Help

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I am looking to connect a D810 to a Windows Xp for remote tethered shooting applications. I don't have the official Nikon Capture Pro software so I am experimenting with free options right now.
I tried to use Digicamcontrol but it doesn't seem to detect the camera.
It is not clear to me which if any drivers need installing.
Window xp detects the camera connected to the pc when I switch it on but digicamcontrol doesn't see it.
Do I need to install any drivers for this? Are these available on the CD which came with the camera?

Does anyone have this camera working with any free tethering software? I need to be able to control at least the iso, shutter speed and save the image locally.

Please help!

Cheers,
Sid

D810 isn't shown as a supported camera for the software.

Someone on another forum said it would work as it is quite similar to the D800 anyways.
Is there any setting which needs to be changed in the camera control menu to enable pc control? I wasn't able to find any :/

Someone on another forum said it would work as it is quite similar to the D800 anyways.

Have they done it?
D800 is a similar number but it's not the same software-wise.

There are a few out there but I don't see any quoting support for D810 yet.

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope you don't find a solution too quick I've just ordered a camranger for xmas:beer:

capture one has a free trial, and it is best for teathering ive heard from a number of people :)

I use Capture One most days to shoot with both Phase and Nikon cameras, would defiantly take a look at the trial.

Back