Nikon F3 titanium

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been offered a nice Nikon F3 in the hard to find Titanium finish as opposed to the more common black finish...What would you say one is worth now days ?
Thanks Barry

Titanium champagne? Aperture Photographic have a few for 450-550, and a titanium black mint for 990. However, it doesn't really offer much improvement compared to your F3 day to day, and they'll only command good high prices because of people who want to collect and never shoot them - and those are dealer prices. There are a few minor changes but mechanically it's identical to the camera you already have.

Titanium champagne? Aperture Photographic have a few for 450-550, and a titanium black mint for 990. However, it doesn't really offer much improvement compared to your F3 day to day, and they'll only command good high prices because of people who want to collect and never shoot them - and those are dealer prices. There are a few minor changes but mechanically it's identical to the camera you already have.

I no but I have fancied one for years...Titanium champagne ones seem to be going for silly money and I thought getting one might be an investment worth having..

Well if you have the cash and you want to splash, go for it. I think half the reason for the resurgence with film cameras is people buying stuff that they could never afford when they were growing up and now realise it's in their reach!

Well if you have the cash and you want to splash, go for it. I think half the reason for the resurgence with film cameras is people buying stuff that they could never afford when they were growing up and now realise it's in their reach!

Always wanted an F2 & a F3 when I was a kid but I could never afford one..So I got a job glass collecting when I was 14 but never got one LOL ..ended up getting a Pentax MX from Harrison's in Sheffield..Still have it too but the mirrors stuck up..Cheaper for me to get a replacement than get it fixed..

I think half the reason for the resurgence with film cameras is people buying stuff that they could never afford when they were growing up and now realise it's in their reach!

That certainly has a lot to do with my film purchases over the last few years. :)

Barry, I have an F2 and an MX. Whilst the F2 obviously has a somewhat legendary reputation (the MX is well regarded but not on the same level as the F cameras), I don't like it much more than the MX - the MX is still a superb camera, with a massive viewfinder and ergonomics that are still very good considering its size.

Barry, I have an F2 and an MX. Whilst the F2 obviously has a somewhat legendary reputation (the MX is well regarded but not on the same level as the F cameras), I don't like it much more than the MX - the MX is still a superb camera, with a massive viewfinder and ergonomics that are still very good considering its size.

Agreed I loved the MX its been a great camera over the years...been looking for a Nice F2 withought the silly price tags some dealers put on them..only for them to sit on the shop shelves for years collecting dust..

Back