Nikon Lens wish-list

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
OK having got the emails this morning I'm feeling todays Lens announcement from Nikon is a bit of a damp squib...

I'm actually still very happy with my 80-200 AFS and an updated 18-200 while welcome isn't really that much of a big deal.

So what is everones wish list of new Nikon lenses? Please no silly answers here, realistic and this is only for lenses that Nikon don't already sell. I know a lot of people want f4 versions of zooms.

I've split my list into 2, a could live with, and a hmmm that'd be nice...

1. 50mm/1.4 AFS ( Yup there is one, but I want the PRO AFS not the crap one in it now, I don't care how much heavier it is either )
2. 35mm/2 or 1.8 AFS ( we need a full frame one... with PRO AFS again )
3. 85mm/1.4 AFS ( Again PRO AFS please. I love the AF-D so this would be an nice upgrade with Nano coating etc)

And here's my "hmmmm that'd be nice" list

1. 35mm/1.4
2. 50mm/1.2
3. 85mm/1.2

I'd prefer the first list, and I think I'd then have all the lenses I could ever use :)

Just two for me - a 35/1.4 and either an 85 or 105 with AF-S.

That said, a 24-105 f4 or similar would be great. No variable aperture nonsense.

at the minute - the only thing that would make me part with my hard earned would be a revised 85/1.4 pro AFS and nanocoat. Same magic, updated coatings that render colour the same way as the newer Nikons and improved lens hood that means I can put the cap or use filters at the same time. Just that pls Mr Nikon

Hugh

at the minute - the only thing that would make me part with my hard earned would be a revised 85/1.4 pro AFS and nanocoat. Same magic, updated coatings that render colour the same way as the newer Nikons and improved lens hood that means I can put the cap or use filters at the same time. Just that pls Mr Nikon

Hugh

If an 85/1.4 came out with colour rendition not like the current one I'd not buy it. I wish all my lenses looked like my 85.

Just two for me - a 35/1.4 and either an 85 or 105 with AF-S.

That said, a 24-105 f4 or similar would be great. No variable aperture nonsense.

They need the pro grade AF-S though, not the crappy version in the 50mm. Oh and the purple fringing on the 50mm needs to go too.

I'm with Hugh here - I'm not so keen on the current 85's colour. In fact, I've been close to selling it because it's just looks cold to me.

I'm with Hugh here - I'm not so keen on the current 85's colour. In fact, I've been close to selling it because it's just looks cold to me.

Ooo maybe I have a special one then, I find the colour out of mine to be nice and warm, and really nice rich colours.

Would certainly be near the £1K mark... oof :¬)

Radio - not had any problems with copy of 85/1.4 either, sharp & colourful. Had no idea it was even an issue for some people!

for me all of the images it produces are cold compared to the 24-70 or 70-200. I always end up warming them a little in PP.

Back