Nikon on Amazon

Edit My Images
No
Is the Nikon on Amazon a grey import? Nikon Z5 + Z 24-50mm for just £1316 on Amazon, this is much cheaper than any other regular UK Nikon seller.

Your profile does not say where you are located but as you have asked on a UK forum I will assume you are in the UK.

If you go onto the Nikon UK website it lists the official dealers under "where to buy".
These are split into stores and online.
Clicking the the online option shows that Amazon UK are indeed an official UK dealer.

FYI, if you ere prepared to buy grey market then E-Infin (used by a fair number on here) list the same deal at £949.
They are currently out of stock but will no doubt have some soon.

Peter

Your profile does not say where you are located but as you have asked on a UK forum I will assume you are in the UK.

If you go onto the Nikon UK website it lists the official dealers under "where to buy".
Clicking the the online option shows that Amazon UK are indeed an official UK dealer.

FYI, if you ere prepared to buy grey market then E-Infin (used by a fair number on here) list the same deal at £949.

Peter
yeah I'm in the uk, thank you so much peter

Is the Nikon on Amazon a grey import? Nikon Z5 + Z 24-50mm for just £1316 on Amazon, this is much cheaper than any other regular UK Nikon seller.
If it’s sold directly by Amazon themselves rather than a market place sellers it’s likely to be a UK model. Amazon do occasionally drop the price of items compared to other stockists. Sometimes genuine price drops but can be a pricing error too.

Peter
I’ve noticed sometimes when things are shown a good price but out of stock at e-infin the price increases once they come back into stock.

That's a 'dispatched and sold by Amazon' price, so you're dealing directly with them, paying VAT, and benefit from UK returns if necessary.

I've bought from Amazon a couple of times, and even though sold and despactched by Amazon, they were imports.

I've bought from Amazon a couple of times, and even though sold and despactched by Amazon, they were imports.
I’m guessing there is a chance UK stock could have been mixed up with the stock they hold in their warehouses for market place sellers. There is the ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ seller who aren’t Amazon uk but are a third party seller who hold their stock in Amazon warehouses.

Amazon are on Nikon’s authorised online sellers list so should only be selling official UK stock if it’s sold directly by them rather than by a market place/third party seller. The whole Amazon or third party seller thing can be confusing and easily missed when purchasing.

The last lens I bought via Amazon was a Tamron Sony fit lens. That was genuine UK stock as Tamron accepted it for the 5 year UK warranty.

I’m guessing there is a chance UK stock could have been mixed up with the stock they hold in their warehouses for market place sellers. There is the ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ seller who aren’t Amazon uk but are a third party seller who hold their stock in Amazon warehouses.

Amazon are on Nikon’s authorised online sellers list so should only be selling official UK stock if it’s sold directly by them rather than by a market place/third party seller. The whole Amazon or third party seller thing can be confusing and easily missed when purchasing.

The last lens I bought via Amazon was a Tamron Sony fit lens. That was genuine UK stock as Tamron accepted it for the 5 year UK warranty.
Both times they were lenses definitely sold by Amazon, and both were not UK lenses. I even confirmed it with Nikon. I was told by Nikon that Amazon was unlikely to supply me a UK item as they made more profit from the grey imports.

Both times they were lenses definitely sold by Amazon, and both were not UK lenses. I even confirmed it with Nikon. I was told by Nikon that Amazon was unlikely to supply me a UK item as they made more profit from the grey imports.
If that’s the case Nikon need to remove amazon uk from their authorised UK sellers list. I always thought the whole point of that list was so you can check if they are getting their stock through the authorised UK channels rather than a grey import. If they don’t get them from the UK channels they shouldn’t be on the list as it’s clearly unfair on other UK sellers who do and sell at a lower profit margin.

All Nikon cameras are imports. None are made in UK and safe to say never will be

All Nikon cameras are imports. None are made in UK and safe to say never will be
That’s just picking holes in my words for the sake of it. We know it’s all made in Taiwan and China. Thats not what I meant, and it was obvious I meant an unofficial grey import

I know Amazon sell Sigma and Tamron European lenses because I have had the extended warranty refused because of this. Each time Amazon refunded me

Also, Sony don't include Amazon (direct) when doing a lot of their cash back deals.

Yeah I think canon and Nikon generally have excluded Amazon from some if not all cashback offers as well.

Amazon being Amazon I probably wouldn’t be that worried about it as they will likely honour the 1 year warranty themselves. But you have to go into buying camera gear from them with your eyes open.

Back