Nikon WU-1A with a d7100

Name
Paul Mitchell
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if anybody has tried the above match and what your thoughts were,

Im looking at the wireless in the hope that i could transfer pics from camera to tablet/phone when abroad to back up my images then i can go straigh to flicker etc. i tend to be "snap happy abroad" and can fill memory cards liek there going out of fasion especially in RAW..

so couple of qs

whats it like for transfering images speed wise.
how much does it affect the cameras battery
is it worth it? or am i better spending the £40ish on 2 more cards?

It's going to be slow. I certainly wouldn't use it to back up any quantity of RAW files as you're likely to be there all day. Also, you said 'back up' but the intimation is that you'll clear the cards afterwards. Personally, I wouldn't delete anything from my cards until I got home. And that's with an ultrabook to copy stuff to plus an external HDD to back up the ultrabook. Just buy more cards.....

Last edited:
It all depends on how much storage space you have on your phone/tablet and how many photos you take. You can use your d7100 to copy from one card to another. Have a look at page 219 of the manual, copying images from one card to another is easy. Personally I use a few 8gb cards and a 32gb card in slot 2 set to back up. Buying more cards is the easier option.

Last edited:
Back