Nissan 200SX Rig shots

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Ignore the poor white balance, I messed that up big time but wanted to test the stability of the rig and I'm pretty happy with it for the first try. Lots of room for improvement though.

C&C appreciated

4851105434_9a31f42cbe_z.jpg

4850485419_34fc71d763_z.jpg

Bigger sizes here (y)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenthorndick/

Kinda like the WB. Good photoshoppery and I like the angles and space around the car - would be a magazine designer's dream, all that space for text and headers :)

Wicked. Can I see the pics before you photoshopped the rig out please?

I like these both a lot Darren. Good work.

the focal lenth of the lens has distorted the look of the car and the angle you have the camera at is too low would be much better higher up so we can see more of the car. The curb and yellow line are the areas I am drawn to in the image rather than the car. you could remove the two street lights at the back left.

Removal of the rig is really good and the car is pretty well lit for it being night

As test shots they're good but that's it really. They don't do a great deal for me but the rig looks stable so well done on that. Now shoot somewhere where the lines won't reflect off the bodywork as that's very distracting.

You can fix some of the distortion in PS to pull it back into shape.

Oh, not sure if it's the paint job or a panel mismatch but the rear bumper looks a slightly different shade to the side panels.

How's the SXOC going these days? Haven't been on there for a few years now since I sold my s13 :(

Kinda like the WB. Good photoshoppery and I like the angles and space around the car - would be a magazine designer's dream, all that space for text and headers :)
Thanks for that. Its easier for me to tell how far the white balance is off as the car colour is miles away, it should be a deep rich purple.
I dont think you did too bad to be honest..
Thanks
Wicked. Can I see the pics before you photoshopped the rig out please?
I have these setup shots if that helps .

DSC_5983800x600.jpg

DSC_5927800x600.jpg

I like these both a lot Darren. Good work.
Thanks Kev
the focal lenth of the lens has distorted the look of the car and the angle you have the camera at is too low would be much better higher up so we can see more of the car. The curb and yellow line are the areas I am drawn to in the image rather than the car. you could remove the two street lights at the back left.

Removal of the rig is really good and the car is pretty well lit for it being night
I’m so glad you’ve commented on this as I respect your work. I agree with the height but as this was a test I wanted to try the low slung shots. For the rear I can easily raise the camera but for the front will be difficult as I’m rigging off of the bonnet and I’m unsure how I would chop the rig out then. If I rig from the roof then I’m worried the car will get really distorted (my rig is 3m long). Any suggestions?

I wanted the camera right above the kerb line as I thought that would work well, do you think it’s mainly the yellow line causing the distraction or the kerb as well?. I think I agree with removing the street lamps in the background.
As test shots they're good but that's it really. They don't do a great deal for me but the rig looks stable so well done on that. Now shoot somewhere where the lines won't reflect off the bodywork as that's very distracting.

You can fix some of the distortion in PS to pull it back into shape.

Oh, not sure if it's the paint job or a panel mismatch but the rear bumper looks a slightly different shade to the side panels.

How's the SXOC going these days? Haven't been on there for a few years now since I sold my s13 :(

Next trial will be somewhere with a lot more lights to ping off the panels I think.

I shall try sorting the distortion out, I’ve done it before on some landscape shots.

I’m annoyed with the bumper not matching, I’ve never noticed that before , respray time I think lol.

SXOC is going very well, went to the weekender a few weeks ago and took the car up Prescott hill climb, was great fun. There’s loads of members on there that don’t have 200’s anymore.

Street lighting is notorious for showing up panel mismatches, actually any 'forced' lighting tends to. I shot a Carrera 4 a few weeks ago and the flash showed up the front quarter mismatched with the rest of it. Turns out the owner new the car had been in an accident prior to purchase but didn't know exactly what side was damaged.

Is that a steel rig btw? From the pics it looks too shiny to be aluminium. I think I'd be too worried about weight if it was steel (which is why I've stuck with Alu)

Nice car though, always liked the s14a's :)

Street lighting is notorious for showing up panel mismatches, actually any 'forced' lighting tends to. I shot a Carrera 4 a few weeks ago and the flash showed up the front quarter mismatched with the rest of it. Turns out the owner new the car had been in an accident prior to purchase but didn't know exactly what side was damaged.

Is that a steel rig btw? From the pics it looks too shiny to be aluminium. I think I'd be too worried about weight if it was steel (which is why I've stuck with Alu)

Nice car though, always liked the s14a's :)

I know my rear bumper has been painted at some point as its a poor job, never seen it like this before though.

It is a steel pole, its not too heavy. I will look into aluminium poles in the future. I know another tog is using the same pole but at 4.5m with success even with the weight and these slot together very snuggly.

Glad you like the car, I love it :D

As well as forced lighting bringing out the colour mismatch, paint (especially metallic/pearlescent) on plastics often highlights as a different colour. This just can't be helped. Even when all painted with the same primers and basecoats, the colour is just different on the plastic as opposed to the metal

the yellow line is quite strong and it leads from the front to the back of the image. clone it and the lights at the back.

As well as forced lighting bringing out the colour mismatch, paint (especially metallic/pearlescent) on plastics often highlights as a different colour. This just can't be helped. Even when all painted with the same primers and basecoats, the colour is just different on the plastic as opposed to the metal

I've seen it on loads of other cars, just never noticed it on my own before, ohwell.

the yellow line is quite strong and it leads from the front to the back of the image. clone it and the lights at the back.
Ah right cool, just wanted to see if it was the yellow line that was the distraction or the kerb aswell.

I'll do a re-edit tonight after I try the rig again (y)

Back