Nissan 200SX rig shots

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out again to try the rig for a second time.

The plan was to pick up my mate, go get his Ford Thunderbird then do some rig shots but it looked like it might rain so he decided to leave it tucked under the car cover. So instead we shot my car again.

The car is a little dirty as I wasn't intending on shooting it.

Looks like its nice and stable even though I saw the camera bouncing slightly on the rig.

C&C Please - CLICK HERE FOR BIGGER PICS

4858056311_7e14e5b0d5_z.jpg

4858677230_745f83c7af_z.jpg

4858056665_1d2741555e_z.jpg

My friend took his camera along aswell to take some snaps and commented that my car was really difficult to get the colour to look right. I thought it was just me being an idiot but maybe it is a difficult colour to get right. Anyone on here shot this colour before and have any tips? It's called Damson (Reddish Purple)

Should I treat this car like shooting a black car??

Looks good, how does rig set up? Can't see how it's assembled and it's puzzling me lol.

Darren, a stupid question (or 3), what sort of speed are you going when taking these? Also, are you timer triggering or remote? If remote are you driving and pressing or outside the car?

Nice stuff, the car doesn't look dirty.

Any pics of the rig setup? I've recently invested in some stuff but just haven't had too much time to play yet.
Ah - spotted thanks to the above post.
What's the pole?

Last edited:
Loving those pics. Can you talk about the rig a little more please!? You have shopped them out well! :)

Looks good, how does rig set up? Can't see how it's assembled and it's puzzling me lol.
Thanks, see my other thread, as linked below (y)

Darren, a stupid question (or 3), what sort of speed are you going when taking these? Also, are you timer triggering or remote? If remote are you driving and pressing or outside the car?
Walking pace, remote trigger used to reduce bounce on the camera. I'm sitting in the car and my mate pushed the remote shutter whilst walking along side the rig just in case. (y)

Have a look at his set up shots in here ;)
Thanks for posting the link :)

Nice stuff, the car doesn't look dirty.

Any pics of the rig setup? I've recently invested in some stuff but just haven't had too much time to play yet.
Ah - spotted thanks to the above post.
What's the pole?
Its filthy to me lol.

The pole is the difficult bit to figure out and took me ages to find the right one and its still not the best as its made from steel so its pretty heavy. (y)

Loving those pics. Can you talk about the rig a little more please!? You have shopped them out well! :)

Talk about the rig in what way? CS5 content aware fill was use for the sky, then a mixture of healing brush, clone brush and layer mask's were used to eliminate any reflections of the rig. Didn't take too long really. It's placing the rig in the right place to start with that helps (y)

thanks.

Where you bought it / can get them from and any advice you can give about getting the right kit!

look forward to seeing some more pics soon! :)

take the car in better light and you could also use a colour card too to make sure the coloiur is spot on.

Great pics and s14 Darren 1st pic is now my desktop background love it ! :D

Nice shots Dal, my only critic is it could do with 10 mm spacers on the rear :D oh and to sort the colour issue get it sprayed in a proper colour like red :D

thanks.

Where you bought it / can get them from and any advice you can give about getting the right kit!

look forward to seeing some more pics soon! :)
Its just a metal pole so depends what you go for, the lighter the better though (y)

take the car in better light and you could also use a colour card too to make sure the coloiur is spot on.
I will get a colour card at some point, I'm using something else for WB at the moment but its not the best.
Great pics and s14 Darren 1st pic is now my desktop background love it ! :D
Thanks Hanson, I'm chuffed its your desktop Background :D
Nice shots Dal, my only critic is it could do with 10 mm spacers on the rear :D oh and to sort the colour issue get it sprayed in a proper colour like red :D
Thanks Cranky, the wheels are 18x9.5 ET5 all round so no need for a 10mm spacer, there's about 1mm clearance on the rear arch as it currently stands and thats after a roll and flare :D

Dal,

About the colour (I've shot a similar colour 964 911):

You can get away with firing flashes into the car to make the purple 'ping' and also to bring out details in the car like the wheels and grill.
Also, you're always shooting at night. I personally think that it is a lot harder to shoot at night as the light sources are always very small and all over the place, well as during the day the sun is your main source of light which should make the paint look better.

This is the photo I managed of the porsche:
http://gfwilliams.net/automotive_portfolio/High Res/Porsche RSs/GFWilliams.net Photography (4).jpg

Dal,

About the colour (I've shot a similar colour 964 911):

You can get away with firing flashes into the car to make the purple 'ping' and also to bring out details in the car like the wheels and grill.
Also, you're always shooting at night. I personally think that it is a lot harder to shoot at night as the light sources are always very small and all over the place, well as during the day the sun is your main source of light which should make the paint look better.

This is the photo I managed of the porsche:
http://gfwilliams.net/automotive_portfolio/High Res/Porsche RSs/GFWilliams.net Photography (4).jpg

Thanks George, I do always tend to shoot at night time, for some reason I enjoy it a bit more but the downside is the problems with lighting the car. Would you say Ideally I need to treat it like a black car at night?

Thats a lovely shot of the Porsche.

Hi Dal,

permission to pixel pinch? because the images themselves is really good!
If anything I think you've gone too long on the duration on the first one. I'm a fan of the rig shots but I've noticed that it seems to be the thing that literally everything bar the car is blurred to non-existence with the 'cornering' shot, it kind of looses the sense of speed as a result - which saps details around the car just too much (but that's just my opinion! the 2nd picture has a much better balance with regard to speed/blur ). Also it could maybe do with the horizon being horizontal :)

awesome stuff

Thats fair enough. Swap the body panels then. Just for me :D
You don't mean to the S14 shape do you, they look horrible lol.

Hi Dal,

permission to pixel pinch? because the images themselves is really good!
If anything I think you've gone too long on the duration on the first one. I'm a fan of the rig shots but I've noticed that it seems to be the thing that literally everything bar the car is blurred to non-existence with the 'cornering' shot, it kind of looses the sense of speed as a result - which saps details around the car just too much (but that's just my opinion! the 2nd picture has a much better balance with regard to speed/blur ). Also it could maybe do with the horizon being horizontal :)

awesome stuff
pixel pinch? what do you mean by that? feel free to do anything or make any comments on them.

The long duration was because it was pretty dark and there wasn't alot in the background anyway. Fair comment though and I appreciate that.

Glad you like the 2nd shot. I might tweak the horizon on it over the weekend :).

Thanks for the comments (y)

Did you have much done to your car before you sold it?

Not as much as i'd liked to.

I had a Walbro, bren device ;), strut brace. Blitz Sonic Air filter, HKS Adjustable Actuator, 3" SS exhaust and downpipe, I'm sure there were other things i'd done too.

I got it up to 250-260Bhp

Sold it finally to a lad in Felixstowe not long after doing the turbo gaskets. gutted to see it go

Back