Beginner No 2 submission No 1 son

Name
Ewan
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's my second offering for critique...after my first I have been going for the eyes, think I might be needing a visit to the opticians because what looks pin sharp in camera is rarely even remotely close when I upload to the computer! Anyway I liked this one...even though the model was by this time fully in the huff with the photographer and was only really expecting a trip to the park...IMG_2681.jpg

What a lovely image! I really like the context you've captured him in, but on my screen, the focus seems sharpest on the grey strap under his chin - the eyes look a little soft. If it were my shot, I'd be tempted to use something like Nik Colour Efex Pro and paint in more eye detail using the brush, and maybe add a very small vignette to damp down the corners and trim a small slice off the left hand side.

However, it's a lovely shot, and I bet your wife is delighted with it, and I guess that when he's older, he'll not be too embarrassed about showing his girlfriends ;)

Thanks and I think you're right -DAMNNIT!!!
If it were my shot, I'd be tempted to use something like Nik Colour Efex Pro and paint in more eye detail using the bru

However, I've not a single clue about any kind of editing software - sounds like more to learn!

Thanks and I think you're right -DAMNNIT!!!

However, I've not a single clue about any kind of editing software - sounds like more to learn!

Awww - we all had to start at the beginning - do you have any processing software? Photoshop is a 'big learner' and Nik is a 'plug in' for it.

Don't worry - you will get there! Join a camera club as they have lots of people who are more than happy to share their expertise, and keep at it! :)

No processing software save for Photos app on the Mac...I am not afraid to admit though that I'm petrified of Photshop.

Photoshop is a very useful tool and the unsharp mask can help recover an image that is less then perfect, like any new programme, you have to learn how to use it

Plenty of free image adjusting software available, try GIMP, it a very good free editing programme

here- https://www.gimp.org/

edit of your image using Photoshop CS5

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments and edit Les - going to have to bite the bullet with the software!

Went for Affinity Photo. The one off payment was attractive I admit. More features than I'll ever figure out how to use!

good for you- I don't know the programme personally, but good luck with it

>Les

Back