Critique Norasport British Supermoto warm up event.

Edit My Images
No
Afternoon all,

I was lucky enough to be invited to shoot as a guest tog at this event as my friend is a regular with the championship. I did feel a bit out of place as all the other togs knew each other well an there equipment was far superior to mine plus i have my shoulder all braced up due to dislocating it a few days ago.I dont think i have done to bad but i thought i would put some shots on here to get some feedback on how you guys think i did an what i can look out for in the future. I was using a Canon 70d with a Sigma 70-200 f2.8. The editing might not be to everyone's taste but i lke the look of them.Please feel free to help with tips o this also as im not all that clued up on post processing.

Thanks

Dave

1 - Norasport Supermoto by OHaraCreative, on Flickr

2- 161 wheel up by OHaraCreative, on Flickr

3 - 217 pan by OHaraCreative, on Flickr

4 - Number 121 by OHaraCreative, on Flickr

5 - Husky hill wheelie 1 by OHaraCreative, on Flickr

#3 is great. Pretty much a carbon copy of your 350z shot in fact!

#1 i would clone the riders arm out in the bottom LH corner and also clone the bit of tyre on the RHS.

The backgrounds look cluttered to me but not a lot you can do about that. The exif isn't showing for me on Flickr but were they shot at f2.8? For me they could do with a bit more subject isolation. I also think you have better shots on your Flickr than you have posted here... Some crackers on there.

PP is personal choice, I'm assuming you've given them a good dose of clarity? They seem to have a little green cast to them?

Cheers for the feedback!

Yeah i was standing pretty much in the same spot for #3 as i was with the 350z. :)

The clarity slider was used in PP i can hide away from that...i see what you mean about the green cast..is that something which can be sorted without having to reduce the amount of clarity used?

Really like 2 followed by 3 and as David has said there are great shots on your flickr page looks a great event to shoot are they at Lydden in Kent this year ?.

Hi - thanks for the feedback :) - I dont think there are there this year.

You could compensate with a touch more magenta on your WB.

Noted - will certainly keep an eye on this for future shots :) thanks for your help.

Back