Northampton TP Studio meet - The Results

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Myself and a few fellow TP'ers met up today for a studio session in Northampton. For most of us (myself included) it was a first real go at studio photography. Luckily Philthejuggler kindly provided all the kit and some very welcome guidance - (y) THANK YOU PHIL (y)

So..... first up a few of my efforts from the morning.

8254362621_d0c0fe4643.jpg

8255436356_f4d5ea2292.jpg

8254363067_8b8c01d2b2.jpg

8255437078_1df80d81a8.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff, Nick! My favorites are the first two - I'm a sucker for strong eye contact and mono!

Delighted you enjoyed it!

Phil

Love them, really good atmosphere, well Done :)

I need to pay attention to more threads as i would have loved to have come along!

Cg_Girl said:
Love them, really good atmosphere, well Done :)

I need to pay attention to more threads as i would have loved to have come along!

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. Im sure we will arrange something in the new year and you would be very welcome to come.

Great set Nick, number 4 is my favourite but they're all strong, great to meet you today

My turn (unexpectedly got some free time this morning - result)

1 - I'm not sure about this one, loved it in camera but now I'm not so sure

IMG_7007 by Jen (255), on Flickr

2 - wasn't sure about this one in camera but I'm really pleased with how it came out

IMG_7061 by Jen (255), on Flickr

3 - great lighting setup by Phil, only editing done on this was a quick eye sharpen and I cloned out a white logo from the hoodie as it was pretty distracting

IMG_7153 by Jen (255), on Flickr

4 - the huge amount of negative space was intentional

IMG_7107 by Jen (255), on Flickr

5 - Kayleigh thought I was bonkers when I asked her to do a simple profile shot but I think the idea worked. I would have liked to have captured more of her hair in the pic on the right hand side so I could have some negative space in this shot but I missed

kayleighreflect by Jen (255), on Flickr

Thanks again to everyone for a great morning (y)

Nice work Jen. I think the profile shots really work. Still think the first one is a winner as well :)

Some good shots Jen! I like 5 best. 2 is good pose / composition wise but looks a touch overexposed - maybe drop it half a stop? Hoodie shot 3 works well, shot 4 is good composition wise but the B&W conversion could be better IMO!

Lovely to meet you yesterday and see some of the results today

Phil

Some good shots Jen! I like 5 best. 2 is good pose / composition wise but looks a touch overexposed - maybe drop it half a stop? Hoodie shot 3 works well, shot 4 is good composition wise but the B&W conversion could be better IMO!

Lovely to meet you yesterday and see some of the results today

Phil

I'll take a look at the b&w conversion tomorrow, I did try something a little different with it though and added a light colour mono. I upped the exposure a touch in number 2 because I felt like it gave Kayleigh's skin more of a luminous look to it but will drop it down and compare tomorrow too - too tired now, my eyes don't want to work anymore - thanks for the feedback :)

A few from me!

1:
p1321624922-4.jpg

2:
p1321627196-6.jpg

3:
p1321628076-6.jpg

4:
p1321630118-6.jpg

Good shots Phil, not too keen on number 4, the pose looks a bit awkward but the other 3 look great

Come on Anja, Kev & Becky...., I want to see the rest : D

Iris said:
Good shots Phil, not too keen on number 4, the pose looks a bit awkward but the other 3 look great

Come on Anja, Kev & Becky...., I want to see the rest : D

Thanks - I wasn't 100% on the pose either.

Phil

One more!

p1330650642-6.jpg

Really good, Kevin - I particularly like the idea/execution of the first one. The hoodie image works a treat too!

Phil

Really good, Kevin - I particularly like the idea/execution of the first one. The hoodie image works a treat too!

Phil

Thanks Phil. I think we've all come out with some corking shots... Just a shame Mike had to be coaxed into different facial expressions...

Big thanks for giving me light envy now...I feel a massive urge to move up from from my speedlites...but then I like their portability and flexibility...guess the idea of a room with a tesla coil in the corner is a bit frankenstein still...

Good shots Kev - number 4 is great, you managed to get Mike to commit to the look which was definitely lacking in the shots I took with you& Becky

Just a quick nudge from Kayleigh saying she's not received emails from anyone other than myself and Phil and I have just realised the mistake was mine :bonk:

Before the @ symbol is there should be the number 19 so k**********19£****.co.uk

Sorry folks

terrysphotoz said:
My name is Terry, I have just joined.

I live on the Northants border, I do have some props & lights etc. is there any way of knowing in advance when shoots liks this are going to happen ?

Thank you.

Keep an eye on the Meeting Place forum Terry, it'd be good if we could meet up again in the new year

Kev - I love the lighting on No.3. I think my fav is No 2, i liked it in camera and it looks great here (only minor point - the background needs cloning out in the lower left corner ;) )

Anja - Great rim light on No. 2 on Kayleigh's left arm. Also, i like No. 5 of Mike, i think it's his expression.

Has everyone emailled their images over now? I still want do do a couple more edits, hopefully will be sending on Monday.

Have a great Christmas everyone :nuts:

Some great pics Anja :)

Kev - where are Becky's pics? Do we get to see them too? :)

Back