Northern Drift Championships Round 3

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently the Northern Drift Championship held it's third round of the competition. I went to take some pictures and enjoyed a weekend watching some drifting.

lsdIMG_4528.png

lsdIMG_4779.png

lsdIMG_5097.png

lsdIMG_5830.png

lsdIMG_4657.png

lsdIMG_5600.png

You can read the full article here.

http://www.garagelsd.com/2012/09/northern-drift-championship-round-3-at-teesside-autodrome/

Let me know what you guys think of the pictures. Critique and comments are all welcome. I would like to improve as a photographer as well.

great set of shots jeff thanks for sharing

Hi Jeff
Excellent shots. Where are these comps held and where could I find the schedule of events? My son and I love this type of thing and would love to watch the events
Cheers
Conrad

Hi Jeff
Excellent shots. Where are these comps held and where could I find the schedule of events? My son and I love this type of thing and would love to watch the events
Cheers
Conrad

Hi Conrad,

This particular event was held in Teesside Autodrome in Middlebrough. Northern Drift Championship rounds are all held there.

There are different competitions which reach all over UK though. However most of the competition now is on their final rounds.

Most of the drifting events are organised via driftworks: http://www.driftworks.com/forum/competition-events/

I think you need to hunt down which competition is available closest to you. The main competition is the British Drift Championship. I think your son would enjoy seeing that. They are due to come to Knockhill in Scotland at the end of this month for the final round. It all starts again next year.

Marengo: Thank you :)

Hi Conrad,

This particular event was held in Teesside Autodrome in Middlebrough. Northern Drift Championship rounds are all held there.

There are different competitions which reach all over UK though. However most of the competition now is on their final rounds.

Most of the drifting events are organised via driftworks: http://www.driftworks.com/forum/competition-events/

I think you need to hunt down which competition is available closest to you. The main competition is the British Drift Championship. I think your son would enjoy seeing that. They are due to come to Knockhill in Scotland at the end of this month for the final round. It all starts again next year.

Marengo: Thank you :)
Been meaning to get down to one at some point. Still on my to do list. Great set. Love seeing the BMW's coming back as drift cars.

Thanks Jeff,
that looks like a great day out, i will have to track down the next nearest event but saying that travelling isnt much of an issue as we often follow the BTTC. We are off to Siverstone in October so need to practice with the camera being new to this photography molarky. lol

If Matt kills anymore e36's they wont be many left!!!!

Slide Motorsports guy?

Been meaning to get down to one at some point. Still on my to do list. Great set. Love seeing the BMW's coming back as drift cars.

They are pretty fun to watch and shoot. It is more of a spectacle more than anything. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks Jeff,
that looks like a great day out, i will have to track down the next nearest event but saying that travelling isnt much of an issue as we often follow the BTTC. We are off to Siverstone in October so need to practice with the camera being new to this photography molarky. lol

Ah you just missed the Silverstone round of the BDC, that was a good day too as they had Ken Block's Gymkhana UK there at the same time. But keep an eye out for different rounds as they are all over UK.

Shame on that one. Will keep an eye out for the comps.
What kit and setup do you use for this type of photography? Sorry for being cheeky but I need to build on my starter kit and not sure what to get in terms of lens upgrades etc

Back