Northern Lights in Troms

Edit My Images
Yes
Spent last week in Lyngseidet (1 hour east of Tromso) at a cabin on the side of a lovely fjord. Luckily had lights on 4 nights out of 5 (with 2 full on!). This place is stunning, I highly recommend it!

Having a real hard time processing the aurora pics on my rubbish HP laptop (even when calibrated!), would appreciate any feedback pls! will post some more shots later, and some daytime ones on the rural forum.

James

Northern Lights From Lyngseidet, Troms

Iso 100, 13mm, F2.8, 10s

Last edited:
Jealous? Me? Yes! :) Sounds like an amazing place! Looking forward to seeing the other shots...

What a great display.
Tromsø is on my bucket list.

Cracking image what a display you managed to capture !

Thanks, this unfortunately is looking like one of the worst pics I took of the week, as was suddenly there as we finished dinner and hadn't unpacked my stuff! Can I ask if the exposure is looking ok pls?

Those four are amazing.....I think snake in the sky is my favourite! :)

Envious as hell of the Northern lights photos, I have failed in :-

Iceland

Bergan
Tromso
Alta
Kirkenes

Ratvik
Mora
Boras
Goteborg
even have a stugan between Varberg and Falkenberg

Ironically I saw a hint while fishing off the North Norfolk coast 20 old years ago

One day I will succeed!!!???!!

We're heading for Kiruna in March for 3 nights, so hoping for something coming close to these.

Excellent - thanks for sharing.

Envious as hell of the Northern lights photos, I have failed in :-

Iceland

Bergan
Tromso
Alta
Kirkenes

Ratvik
Mora
Boras
Goteborg
even have a stugan between Varberg and Falkenberg

Ironically I saw a hint while fishing off the North Norfolk coast 20 old years ago

One day I will succeed!!!???!!

We were very, very lucky. I live between Borås and Varberg! Actually saw them faintly here a couple of years ago!

Good luck!!
Thanks - can I ask - were the exposure settings roughly the same for all these shots? Your first one is 10s @ f2.8 100ISO. They look similar (and I realise it's not an exact science.... but looks like a good starter for 10...

Thanks - can I ask - were the exposure settings roughly the same for all these shots? Your first one is 10s @ f2.8 100ISO. They look similar (and I realise it's not an exact science.... but looks like a good starter for 10...

Mostly the same yes, did try lowering the Iso (to 1000 from 1600) and shutter speed (to 5 secs) as it was so bright. The first one was. a mad panic just after getting there and I forgot to check the settings somewhat...

The first one was. a mad panic just after getting there and I forgot to check the settings somewhat...

Ha ha - We've all been there.... "F8 and be there" stood me in many a good stead, back in the days of HP5!! ;)

Back