Nosey neighbours!

mex

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my neighbours and his wife in the road where I live, knows more about me and my life than I do!! Its incredible, they even have wind of what decisions I am going to make in the distant future.

My daughter bought her first car and chuff me, within minutes they were out in the road giving it the once over, when my wife takes her dogs out for a walk she now goes a different route just to avoid them, if I am unlucky enough to bump into them when I am out, I am kept by them yacking on about other people's interests in the village. Short of saying ' p*** off I am not interested ' what the hell do I do? I have tried the 'right I have got to go ' as they start and even pretending to be on the phone as I walk past, but all to no avail, they are telepathic and know exactly when to pounce!

Welcome to village life, where a fart in one pub is smelt in the church and reported in the parish newsletter before you've eaten the beans!

If you link this to the other thread about home security ,there's your answer nosey neighbours soon know if something's amiss in the turning ,as good as a dog sometimes

Yep that,s village life,we know that too well.:D

One of my neighbours and his wife in the road where I live, knows more about me and my life than I do!! Its incredible, they even have wind of what decisions I am going to make in the distant future.

My daughter bought her first car and chuff me, within minutes they were out in the road giving it the once over, when my wife takes her dogs out for a walk she now goes a different route just to avoid them, if I am unlucky enough to bump into them when I am out, I am kept by them yacking on about other people's interests in the village. Short of saying ' p*** off I am not interested ' what the hell do I do? I have tried the 'right I have got to go ' as they start and even pretending to be on the phone as I walk past, but all to no avail, they are telepathic and know exactly when to pounce!

The only Grump n the village....:D

:coat:

Just recently moved into our new home. When we were moving our stuff in, we used a walk way to our back door. A few of the neighbours did come out, and pretend to do chores, brush path tend to flowers etc. They did come over to see what we were doing, saying that they all look out for each other. Some nosy people can be a pain, but we use it to our advantage. We know when we are out, nosy neighbours will be keeping a look out for us.
Free security, may as well make use of it :).

Free good security, what is there to complain about ?

Indeed welcome to village life I moved to a village 3 years ago and we too have the nosy problem they need to find a bloody hobby

One of my neighbours and his wife in the road where I live, knows more about me and my life than I do!! Its incredible,
I don't live in a village, but my neighbours of several years, are real curtain twitches, and also make everyone's business their own, if I need to know something, I know where to go, bless 'em :D

Haha I hope it rings one day as you do that!
I got caught out like that once :D

I just looked at the phone in disgust thumped it a few times on the palm of my hand, and surreptitiously hit the "cancel button" with a WTF.
I think I got away with it :D

Haha I hope it rings one day as you do that!
:D

Just say "hang on a sec while I answer my other phone" & carry on walking, while fishing around in your coat pocket. (a bit more difficult in Summer while wearing shorts & a T-shirt though :LOL: )

If you link this to the other thread about home security ,there's your answer nosey neighbours soon know if something's amiss in the turning ,as good as a dog sometimes

Whether they do anything about it is an entirely different matter. For example when my Dad had his garage/workshop burgled some years ago, a neighbour saw someone pushing a wheelbarrow up the road at about 03:00 but only thought to mention it when plod did a house to house. Same neighbour had previously called the police when a motorcycle gang had driven into Mum and Dad's drive. Well, HE called them a gang but the (prebooked) visitors to the B&B were German executives on a tour of the South West on full dress Harley tourers. And of course the paedophiles down the road were ignored for years as well, although several of them did get investigated after their deaths apparently.

Walk fast with a sense of purpose, give 'em a smile and a hello and just keep walking fast.

Reactions: mex
I am finding the Motorhome twitchers are a PIA. I did put up with a bit of it for a while then fell back on not engaging in conversation - which is exactly how I handle the locals around my house - so the village effect follows me on my trips.....

I did have to take an infra approach as I was involved as a Governor the n Chair of Governors at my local secondary school.....

It's easier to just be quiet than to fall back on the FOAD approach [emoji48]

Back