Not entirely photography related - Barbour.

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Some years ago I bought a Barbour wax jacket and I have used it regularly, including when out with the camera.
However I realised it needed re-waxing after the years of good service, so took up Barbour's offer of a clean and re-wax ... it was posted off to them by Royal Mail.
Had notification on 22nd from DPD that it has been collected and was due for delivery back to me the next day (23rd) ... nothing, then a notification 'there has been a problem, usually resolved in 24 hours'.
So last night, still not having received my jacket, I pinged an email to Barbour Customer Service asking them to investigate.
This morning I had an email saying that yes, it seems to be lost and that I could choose a brand new wax jacket from the equivalent range.
Now that is prompt, efficient and good service

That is how customer service should be, I always say that problems can happen and it is how you deal with them that set’s the good from the bad, even a initial bad experience from a supplier can be turned into great experience that creates loyalty, I am sure you will buy again from them now and others will just hearing your great service you just had.

Wow I am impressed. That’s brilliant customer service.

That is how customer service should be, I always say that problems can happen and it is how you deal with them that set’s the good from the bad, even a initial bad experience from a supplier can be turned into great experience that creates loyalty, I am sure you will buy again from them now and others will just hearing your great service you just had.
Yes I thought it an excellent example of customer service ... however in the overall experience I did notice a common denominator with a few problems folks here had experienced with other suppliers! ;)

Obviously a company who wants to keep their reputation , so few bother now

I have a Barbour wax jacket for the past 50 years had it cleaned and waxed by Barbour twice. It is still giving me good service. It will probably outlive me.

Back