Not much room at Premiership grounds for togs

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Watching Match of the Day last night it looked like at a lot of the Premiership ground there isn't much room for official togs.

At a couple of grounds I did spot some togs just behind the barriers to the left and right of the goal.

Also I didn't see many remote cameras behind the goals.

Another thing I wondered was when you do see cameras behind the goal none of them seem to covered.

I presume then that these cameras would all be weathered sealed ones and weathered sealed lenses.

Having said that I seem to remember seeing a post by JamesB that said he used a 40d for remote work. If that is case surely a cover would be needed.

I can't help with the football aspect as I can't stand the game. But... The 1D series is fully weathersealed and the 40D is partially weathersealed. I assume this is the case for similar models of either the 1 digit or 2 digit series.

Used with the right lens the 1 digit series will need no additional protection, certainly not from typical weather conditions.

I'm happy to use my 40D in drizzly rain with no protection, just regularly wiping it down. In a downpour out comes the rain hood... :LOL:

Hope this helps. :)

I've not covered a prem game in a long time!, but positions were,to some exstent, pre determained!, Ie Getty/AP/Reuters where guaranteed possitions. The remote cameras are as a rule top end SLR's which have incredible weatherproofing (more than you'd believe!), but some still used weather coats as well:), (useless when the ball hits the set up):D. Kind regards Graham.

Nice pic in today's papers of Reina dropping the ball in to his own net - to gift Arsenal an equaliser.

At a couple of grounds I did spot some togs just behind the barriers to the left and right of the goal.

At some prem gounds the togs are all bunched together in pits... no lens hoods allowed cus all so close together... very low down prob hard to spot on telly.

Some grounds, like Bolton and Wigan you can sit pretty much anywhere around the field, and have plenty of room to work with.. then some, like at Everton you are bundled into pits, which have 10 or so seats in (just like in the stands!). Fitting 6 or 7 photographers in them is hard enough... let alone the full 10!

As for remote cameras, you will notice they weren't covered on this weekends Match of the Day because the weather was good at pretty much every game ;) Professional equipment isn't usually loved and cared for as well as amateur and it's not uncommon to see the big lenses and cameras being put down on concrete flooring, kicked, bumped, dropped etc.. that's why it is built so tough :)

There's a good shot of Joe Cole getting sent off with a Tog sat on the ground against the hoarding in the background.

cole-off_1105978a.jpg

My kness would seize up if I had to sit like that for 2 hours :cautious:

Some grounds, like Bolton and Wigan you can sit pretty much anywhere around the field, and have plenty of room to work with.. then some, like at Everton you are bundled into pits, which have 10 or so seats in (just like in the stands!). Fitting 6 or 7 photographers in them is hard enough... let alone the full 10!

As for remote cameras, you will notice they weren't covered on this weekends Match of the Day because the weather was good at pretty much every game ;) Professional equipment isn't usually loved and cared for as well as amateur and it's not uncommon to see the big lenses and cameras being put down on concrete flooring, kicked, bumped, dropped etc.. that's why it is built so tough :)

Agreed...it's only a 30D at the end of the day...if it's REALLY linging it down, I'll stick a placcy bag over it.

Agreed...it's only a 30D at the end of the day...if .

All the pround 30d owners on TP just went .. what? and burst into tears :)

All the pround 30d owners on TP just went .. what? and burst into tears :)

I know...but what have we just talked about on't phone?! I look after my kit, but it gets used and not put into a display case once it's bought?

I know...but what have we just talked about on't phone?! I look after my kit, but it gets used and not put into a display case once it's bought?

I know.. I am one of the few people who can prove that a mkII bounces off concrete from height and has no effect :)

I think that tog is from Propaganda Photos, one of the main LFC photographers

I'd like to see that Photographers pic of the incident with that lens. Probably a close up of Cole's nostril. ;) :LOL: Hope he was quick enough swapping cameras. :LOL:

I think you will find all he got was the back of coles head..........

Nope - looks like he got the shot:
a4_4c6820c4368e2113884839.jpg

a5_4c6820c93897f152352151.jpg

You can't show the photo's , but liverpool TV can

looks like the back of his head to me.. and the second pic cant be from same tog unless he ran on pitch.. ceretainly not the tog sat on the floor

Back