Not quite a self portrait

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
I like playing with shadow, and I like trying to include more of myself in my work - artistically speaking. This is a rather literal take on the idea!

They're probably inspired by some of Vivian Maier's self portraits, she often used to include her own shadow in photos.

tbh while I think these are cool I'm not sure I actually like them. They have a slightly creepy feeling of dominating the model. Or maybe that's just me?

SC2_9151-Edit-Edit (Small).jpg SC2_9256-Edit-Edit (Small).jpg SC2_9306-Edit-Edit (Small).jpg

I do like the idea, I haven't seen the Vivian Maier ones you refer to, but perhaps offsetting your shadow from the subject would help? Conversely, I think the third image works best, where themodel is totally encompassed by your shadow

tbh while I think these are cool I'm not sure I actually like them. They have a slightly creepy feeling of dominating the model. Or maybe that's just me?
I like 1 & 3, there is a photographer dominance but I like the style. I don't think I'd go as far a saying creepy, as the modal looks confident, if she looked less so, I think the images could have had a powerful but very differant feel?

I could be talking muck, I'm new to all this :)

Back