Critique Not you again! -- Wren

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I love Wrens, we have a few up the local wood but the wood itself is an untamed twiggy mess, once in a blue moon I'll get lucky with a wren sat on a tree in the open. I don't like editing, I'd rather be outside with the camera then sat in front of the laptop.

Is this image OK? I feel I've cheated a lot to get this far, I feel dishonest actually posting it up, please feel free to C&C or leave thoughts on this .... Original below :)

1/1600
f6.3
ISO 6400
600mm

Thank you for looking

so here it is... (PS.. I've missed abit by the foot)

Not you again! Angry Wren by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

IMG_8403 by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Last edited:
I do believe that if he were bigger he might try to take your camera from you, he's got that look., lol!

Nice shot, and I feel the same way about all the sitting.

I do believe that if he were bigger he might try to take your camera from you, he's got that look., lol!

Nice shot, and I feel the same way about all the sitting.
I think, if he was bigger, he'd hang me from a tree with the camera strap :LOL:
I'm an ex-mountainbiker (knackered knees) so I much prefer life outdoors :)

I think, if he was bigger, he'd hang me from a tree with the camera strap :LOL:
I'm an ex-mountainbiker (knackered knees) so I much prefer life outdoors :)
I grew up camping in the woods a lot and going wild on dirt bikes and no one to tell you 'NO, you can't do that.' Love the freedom of the outdoors!

Excellent job with the cloning, pity about the eye being half closed, but good you have the skills for the repair

Mike
Thanks Mike, I was worried this type of thing was mis-leading, but seems it's ok to correct minor things?

Always subjective Gav, but as long as you're honest then the only times its a no-no is in entering competitions or in fields like journalism where the idea is to be showing a true description of events

Mike

Always subjective Gav, but as long as you're honest then the only times its a no-no is in entering competitions or in fields like journalism where the idea is to be showing a true description of events

Mike
Thanks Mike

Back