Notley Abbey Wedding - Tree Lined Road

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
What is a Notley Abbey wedding without the tree lined avenue shot.

C&C welcome.

Notley Abbey Wedding by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

Blog here if you are interested. Please keep C&C to the pic in the thread please.

Thanks!

Really like the photo, love the lighter line between the trees that draws your eye down to the couple, good location =)

Hi guys, I'm glad you like this image and explained the reasons why, it shares my own. This for me is one of those images where it all came together. Would still like to improve it if at all possible though.

@minnnt - I've been shooting weddings for a few years, it's just this year where I feel I've started to 'stretch my legs' a little. Some stuff works, some stuff doesn't! Newly constructed website is here, new brand, new look. http://www.marcuscharterphotography.co.uk/

Also, why post a link to the blog if you then forbid comments on it??

Also, why post a link to the blog if you then forbid comments on it??

Forbid is such as strong word Ryan, and not the one I used. How are you? Having a nice evening?

I like it- great sense of scale and mono seems to suit the shot, I don't mind that the couple seem small in comparison, I have looked at the Blog, some nice shots on there too-

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes loving this too ! For all the reasons above. Re : not looking at the camera. I would not of thought of that. Then again (pointless) sounds a tad touché :)

Gaz

View attachment 44402

I like the idea , but they seem lost in the distance , could be anyone

I also think this may have worked better in portrait style ( but who an I )

I see you allow edit images

Doesn't work for me in b/w, I think mainly because there's so much light coming through those trees but partly because the couple is too far away. How come there's so little leaf on those trees? Was it shot earlier this year?

Last edited:
Doesn't work for me in b/w, I think mainly because there's so much light coming through those trees but partly because they're too far away. How come there's so little leaf on those trees? Was it shot earlier this year?

Shot in May. Blossom was out on some trees but these trees were pretty bare. Shame as these trees with leaves on look pretty awesome.

I'd have cropped in so the first trees formed part of the frame, I get what's being said about the pose, I.e why look at cam when so far out, so maybe then my style would be to have had the first trees form part of the frame, as in cut into them to hide the face they are not quite inline, then the loving couple looking at each other.. but I'm no wedding photographer, I do for some strange reason like to look at the photos you guys get, and the CC is always handy to help us all improve :) p.s I like the shot either way.

Doesn't work for me in b/w, I think mainly because there's so much light coming through those trees but partly because the couple is too far away.

I really like the crop, light, framing and pose but I'm not a huge fan of the mono conversion. I'm not sure whether colour (and maybe toned) would be better or whether it's just this conversion. The sky looks a bit muddy - it's a fair bit darker than the dress; maybe due to the rather strong vignette. The blossom against the trees has too much local contrast, almost as if oversharpened (but it's not, I think).

All that said, it's likely that it works much better really large.

Quite like the squarish crop f1.2 put on it, although I still maintain this printed large would be excellent. Imagine this as a large aluminium or pearl print.

I love this. I am really getting on board with teeny people in big frames at the moment and, as others have said, I don't think digital display does this justice. Massive print would be ace.

Fantastic shot!

The first thing that came to my mind as I saw it for the very first time was "Long straight road without any obstacles on sight. Majestic, imposing trees that have been there, on both sides of that road, for years and years, solid, strong. Newlywed couple, hoping their life together will be a long and obstacle-free one."

I like almost everything about this pic.

The symmetry and the converging lines are simply great. Not only you have the road but the trees, the fence... Pity of that bush and the missing/blown horizon to the right of the image.

I also love that vertical light that leads towards the B&G.

B/W really works for me and that, together with the scale and majesty of these trees, seems to give this photograph a timeless quality.

And I also agree with those saying this great photograph deserves to be shown in a massive print. That way it would be even more impressive.

Should the B&G be looking forward or to each other? If you want to give the image a more timeless quality, then they should be looking at each other (or even looking towards "the road ahead"). If you want to make the image more personal to them, then looking towards the photographer works just fine.

Again, all this is simply my opinion.

Last edited:
Back