Nuthatch Take 3

Name
Nicki.
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out again to practise with partial metering this time - any better.

IMG_0043.jpg

C & C welcome to help me improve.

Well i'm no expert but i think there is a definate improvement in these i remember when i first started trying to take bird photo's i gained great help from this forum i now shoot in manual , a steep learning curve well done

Technically very good but...

...the composition makes my eyes leave the photo. I want to see what the bird is looking at
so I end up looking at fernface's comments. I know you can't pose a creature though so I'm giving this one a thumbs up!

Technically very good but...

...the composition makes my eyes leave the photo. I want to see what the bird is looking at
so I end up looking at fernface's comments. I know you can't pose a creature though so I'm giving this one a thumbs up![/QUOTE

Bird is looking at my nuts and peanut butter that I put out for them :LOL: (y)

Looking much better Nicki (y)

Nick, you have come on in leaps and bounds as this shot shows. I agree with what has been said about composition, but feel at the moment you have taken a lot on board and put it into practice with this shot. This is now the benchmark and I look forward to seeing more of your shots here. Well done.

Regards:Gordon

Nick, you have come on in leaps and bounds as this shot shows. I agree with what has been said about composition, but feel at the moment you have taken a lot on board and put it into practice with this shot. This is now the benchmark and I look forward to seeing more of your shots here. Well done.

Regards:Gordon

Thank you, it is just remembering it all :LOL:

IMG_0028.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Nikki,

Hope you are well, these are a massive improvement...such a super bird.

A big thumbs up from me (y)

Iain

Looks alot better Nicki. The eye is in focus but there seems some punch missing. I think this may be down to photo editing?? Its just practise and then practise more :)

Just a fine line of trying to keep everyone happy in what they see, as everyone seems to view pictures in so many different ways. If you would like to have a go then I will un edit post.

Hi Nicki,you still making cakes for all these layabouts,the shot looks a lot better than the first effort,just my little bit of input for you to try,i use centre weighted average for 99% of my bird photography,as we are focusing on the eye i find it gives a better result with the available light,hope your well,

john.

Hi Nicki,you still making cakes for all these layabouts,the shot looks a lot better than the first effort,just my little bit of input for you to try,i use centre weighted average for 99% of my bird photography,as we are focusing on the eye i find it gives a better result with the available light,hope your well,

john.

Yep just the selected few now :D Willing to try all these different settings, thank for this. (y)

When you coming down again? :shrug:

Back