Oast Houses(Momo)

I like the conversion, makes for quite a striking image..

Interesting, they're not something I see often around SW and central UK. The (chimneys?) are highlighted well with your treatment. There is a bit of a lean on the buildings which could be easily corrected but detracts little.

Interesting, they're not something I see often around SW and central UK. The (chimneys?) are highlighted well with your treatment. There is a bit of a lean on the buildings which could be easily corrected but detracts little.

These old building can be wonky some times as they are timber framed, subsidence etc............ you adjust for one bit, you then find another part looks worse........... to me these old buildings if wonky adds to the character.

Lovely image.

My great grandfather was born in Deal, Kent and as a kid he used to work on the hop farms, which were very common there.

Thanks Cartus, Its strange, this is a redo of one I did which I did highlight the cones, but this one the cones are straight out of camera, plus Mono conversion. I see what you mean about the building, I was down quite low so I guess that may have caused some distortion?

Geoff

These old building can be wonky some times as they are timber framed, subsidence etc............ you adjust for one bit, you then find another part looks worse........... to me these old buildings if wonky adds to the character.

Lovely image.

My great grandfather was born in Deal, Kent and as a kid he used to work on the hop farms, which were very common there.

Thanks a lot for your feedback Sj, I know Deal quite well, about 2 hours from me, I think was the possibly first landing spot for Julius Cesar,s arrival in Britian?

Geoff

I like this one.
Both of my company directors live in converted oasts.
Fantastically photogenic buildings and you've done this one justice.

Back