Of to the New Forest & Dorset Monday

Edit My Images
No
Guys,

I'm taking my first trip to New Forest and Dorset Monday, and was after some ideas of places to photography. Ill be staying in Ringwood on the outskirts of the forest on the Dorset side. I already have the following on my list(Below) however over photographed they may or may not be. (I always like to take my own version and where possible a little different to the norm.)

I really shoot any landscapes & seascapes, like doing sunrise/sunset as well as reflections. I also thought adding some of the New forest ponies in picture or too might be nice. However I'm open to most landscape type photography

It would be great to get some which would be good for either sunset or sunrise as Ill have 4 days to fit some in, and I'm not sure other than one what best to shoot at these times.

corfe castle (sunrise)
Rockford Common
Durdle door

Last edited:
Having had the pleasure of fellow TP members who have shared their images of all these locations (y) and without them, I personally would not be in a position to give a reply as such, anyway having never been and visited these locations myself, this type of image for Rockford IMO Click here and I'am sure you have an idea of what kind of image you are looking for at Durdle door :thinking: ?

I would personally go for-Corfe castle (sunrise) if you type it in the search on here that should also help you with your planning (y)

Hope you have a good shoot and look forward to viewing them

kevin (y)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I have a B+W 10 (3) B+W (1.6) stop long exposure these will defiantly make an appearance somewhere I hope! Looked at a few of the photos from Dave Kiddle and Jon Sargisson they to great and Portland Bill also looks like it might worth a visit.

However I have only 4 days and I want to make sure I don't try and do to much, but make sure what I do is do to the best of my ability. I've learnt from previous trips that you can try and fit to much in.

Something like this for rockford common looks good and it should be close to my B&B

Summer_Mist_Rockford_Common.jpg

Last edited:
If you want to/ are able to travel, you could head to Hengistbury Head. Its a wildlife reserve right on the coast, just outside of Christchurch (probably about a 30-40 drive from Ringwood).

Lymington also has some nice spots and is a quaint little town - again probably about 40 mins from Ringwood. There are some lovely forest areas on the edges of Lymington and Burley (between Ringwood & Lymington) is also a lovely village with lots of forest around.

There is also a deer sanctuary on the outskirts of Brockenhurst (about 1 hour from Ringwood) where you might be able to get some shots of Deer and there are usually pigs & ponies milling about.

Enjoy the Forest!

It's lovely round there :) See the horses taking control of and wandering along the road in Burley. Take the hop on/hop off bus for the day, good value at £10 and you can hop on and off whenever you like. Lyndhurst is the capital, has some nice Lakes style shops but can get busy, if you can find your way there's a big forest about 20 minute walk from Lyndhurst town centre, make sure you stray off the footpath a little bit though as there's lots of stunning woodland to photograph. Have a great time!

thanks for all your suggestions

however the weather has not be playing ball and its been nothing but grey cloud so far. So I'm not having much luck. Had to do some macro and reflections.

Any ideas to what to do in a dry but grey days would be much appricated

thanks for all your suggestions

however the weather has not be playing ball and its been nothing but grey cloud so far. So I'm not having much luck. Had to do some macro and reflections.

Any ideas to what to do in a dry but grey days would be much appricated

Perfect weather for waterfall shots!!

Simon

Can't think of a waterfall offhand.

Head for the coast ? Lepe beach / Hurst castle ?
Further afield to Dorset Durdle door, lulworth castle, corfe castle ?

Tank Museum in Bovington - be aware its quite crowded with the things though!
Monkey World just up the road from there

Street shooting in the towns/villages? Bournemouth ?
Or nip over to the island ?

Osmington mill there is a waterfall albeit a small one if you are thinking of going towards Weymouth. Hatchet Pond in the forest is another great location for a sunset and reflections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your help guys I'm now back and will start to do my processing. Ill post a couple once I've done them and a link to my Flickr Stream for those that wish to look at more.

Thanks again for all your advise. :wave:

Last edited:
Back