Off camera flash help please

Edit My Images
No
I have a Canon 60d and a sunpak PZ42X and I fancy having a go with the flash gun off camera.

I know the Canon 60d can do wireless but dont think the sunpak is compatible? What do I need to get the sunpak working off camera?

Also, I have an old cobra flashgun from film days. Can this be used at all in any way as a slave at all or is it totally useless to me now?

I don't really know a lot about flash so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

will the likes of yongnuo 603's fire an old cobra flash though or is there a chance of damaging the flash or trigger

just tried it with an old cobra auto 210...and fired fine, flash and trigger surviving several test shots (y)

Thanks. Using my new flash looks easy. Now how does the old flash work? Will it just fire at full power? How does one get the exposure right? I haven't grasped that bit.

I've got an old centon flash that only fires manual at full power which I use off camera- it is however the last flash out of the bag.

I use some ND flash gels with it which can help reduce the power when required- not expensive, couple of quid will sort you some of them out. Also have a softbox which can go over the head . A bit of trial and error on distance and it gives you a useful extra light if a bit harder to get sorted out than simply changing power output on back of flash.

Back