OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Glad you got the Z1-P Paul - hope you enjoy it!

cheers Brian...feels a bit odd though having the shutter button underneath the wheel though!

Darth Vader? looks a bit more like Dark Helmet!!!! :LOL:

darkhelmet.jpg

Last edited:
I have been after a medium format camera for a while especially the one that takes both 6x6 & 6x9. Then caught up with work, didn't even have time to go out to take photo.

Finally work gets steady and I bought this:
20130327_203342_zps1de2c6a6.jpg

Yahoo! Arrived in the post today. Luckily it appears more like the description, and not like the brown smudge of a ****** phone cam shot on the ebay posting. You know, even if I never use it, I love the feel of it and the workmanship. Really nice and smooth, precise. Mmmmmm..

Oooh nice, I'm really enjoying mine as well. Shot 6 rolls over the weekend in Edinburgh, who knows maybe some of them will be worth showing.

Andy

^^^^Evil

Took delivery a few days ago of a very near perfectly mint Nikon FM3a courtesy of desf in the classifieds. Absolutely love this camera, always wanted to own one and now I do! Very happy indeed :D Would also just like to say that Des is a real top chap. Couldn't have had a better transaction!

Ah! Of course. I saw 5 x 4 and assumed that was the film size. What an eejit.

Took delivery a few days ago of a very near perfectly mint Nikon FM3a courtesy of desf in the classifieds. Absolutely love this camera, always wanted to own one and now I do! Very happy indeed :D Would also just like to say that Des is a real top chap. Couldn't have had a better transaction!

I'm blushing!

Of course Woodsy was a pleasure to deal with too. I've always had good experiences buying and selling here. Nice to know that the camera was going to someone who would appreciate it but above all use it and use it well.

Picked up a cheap black Nikon FM the other day and a cheap e series 50mm f1.8, I just need to stick a roll of cheap colour film through it to check the seals.

Feels really good to have one back again after all these years as this was my first decent camera I ever owned :D

Woa, this nearly fell of the first page!

So who was a naughty boy and got caught then?

Charity shop Pentax MX had a CLA from Miles Whitehead (shutter repair etc), and the Pentax-M 85mm f/2 I got from the Bay got its lazy iris fixed up a treat. And I also bought a champagne Oly mju II as a pocket film camera from the TP classifieds. Both came today... while we were out... so the OH saw the TWO cards left by the postie when we got back. Someone had some explaining to do!

(The postie normally comes while she's out shopping and I'm "working" at home! Can't always work, I suppose.)

I bought a Horizon S3 Pro panoramic camera off a colleague a few weeks ago on a bit of an impulse. I can't seem to resist 'gadgets' including photography! I ran a film through it yesterday (Delta 400) and developed it last night to check for general performance and it's an impressive camera. These scans are nothing to write home about because I just photographed the negative with my phone over the iPad as a light box!

8644287748_62707d58ec_z.jpg
[/url] Horizon S3 Pro Negatives by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr[/IMG]

8643191455_72574e13ca_z.jpg
[/url] Horizon S3 Pro Negatives by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr[/IMG]

I could see the camera being fun, especially looking at Flickr shots but I've decided to sell it to keep focussing in MF so it's listed in the classifieds here now. I really need to resist bargains ;0)

Cheers
Steve

Nice Trevor....Looks to have been very well kept.

Have to confess I do have a soft spot for cameras that are "complete" with box and instructions.

Had this Sanderson for some time but unable to use as no plate holders.......until today!

Came across an unloved one ( looks to be made of teak...it definetly isn't mahogany)....either way and regardless of colour, it fits the back of the camera a treat so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow........

82thesandersonquarterpl.jpg

Have just bought this:

Excellent working condition, unlike others of it's like that I have owned. Been shooting with a Tamron 24mm f2.5 as I no longer own any Rollei bayonet lenses.

And this:

Very smooth, well thought out camera. Twinned it with me old Zeiss T* 35mm f2.8. Now I am skint. Again.

I have soft spots for both of these cameras, particularly the Rollei, as it was the first 'proper' camera I owned, back in the 80's. After my Zenit B, that is.. Anyway, it soon broke so I got a Yashica and then a Contax, which proved much more reliable. Tho the Zenit still works too. So kinda re-living my yoof.

Always fancied the Rollei or its voightlander equivalent, looks fantastic.

Always fancied the Rollei or its voightlander equivalent, looks fantastic.

Yes, it is. But my first one died, they gave me another, it died, then they loaned me a Voigtlander, I loved it but they wouldn't let me keep it, then they gave me my money back. The whole thing has clearly left me emotionally scarred as I am still going on about it 30 years later. Damn you Rollei!

That Contax is quate seductive....

It is lovely. I have had most of the non-N series Contaxes, and they are fabulous to use. They are reasonably sophisticated and the ergonomics are good, though they are not very macho. If only you could just throw Nikkor glass on them instead of that lovely but eye-wateringly expensive Zeiss stuff.

Just received a Pentax MV-1. It was one of the more amateur-orientated M-series SLRs from Pentax (I already own an MX). Aperture priority only, no shutter speeds (not even in the viewfinder), just 3 LEDs.

Compact, buttery smooth film advance and very simple to use (auto, bulb and 1/100 x-flash sync setting). They are great!

My dad dropped this on my desk earlier after mentioning medium format, been in the back of a wardrobe since he 'won' it in a box full of stuff at an auction 15 odd years ago. (Google photo for illustration)

Zeiss Ikon Nettar 517/16. 6x6cm, 75mm f/6.3 Novar lens and Vario shutter.

Condition seems great, bellows are perfect, shutter speeds are accurate, light seals are intact, just some paint loss on the film door hinge... Even has the original brown leather case.

Gonna put an expired roll of Fuji SuperG 200 through it and exercise my use of the sunny 16 rule and zone focusing lol.

Last edited:
go in a dark room, setup the camera with back open, and a digital camera on a long exposure, and fire a flash or torch into the back, (cover your eyes :) ) then you can check the bellows for light leaks, on my two it was the corners that had holes.

charity shop find, practically unused by RJ Fletcher, on Flickr

Found by my wife in a Charity Shop, all in £8 !!

Virtually unused, one film missing and the instructions. Chemicals still in box and full !! ( i will try the film it is only circa 11 years out of date ! but the chemicals will be dumped). Pretty sure the paper will be a little off specification as well.

Just need to figure out a dark room ! could fit a dark room tent in the garage :thinking:

Found by my wife in a Charity Shop, all in £8 !!

Virtually unused, one film missing and the instructions. Chemicals still in box and full !! ( i will try the film it is only circa 11 years out of date ! but the chemicals will be dumped). Pretty sure the paper will be a little off specification as well.

Just need to figure out a dark room ! could fit a dark room tent in the garage :thinking:

Nice find, have fun..

I picked up a Canon A-1 at the weekend as I already had a couple of fd lenses which I use on my m4/3 system.
The Canon has a slight shutter squeak and I was wondering if it has any effect on image quality and if so how easy is it to repair.....?

Thanks in advance for any responses....

I picked up a Canon A-1 at the weekend as I already had a couple of fd lenses which I use on my m4/3 system.
The Canon has a slight shutter squeak and I was wondering if it has any effect on image quality and if so how easy is it to repair.....?

No effect on the image quality, but it's part of the shutter that really should be lubricated to continue working.

Two ways:
1) get a professional, such as Miles Whitehead, to do the job - and clean, lubricate and adjust (CLA) the camera in the process. That will cost you about £50, and the work will be warrantied, and by someone trained to do it.

2) DIY. http://jetbutterfly.web.fc2.com/camera/e_squeak.html

Personally, the thought of squirting a bit of lubricating oil into the innards of an SLR is a bit haphazard but that's up to you really.

No effect on the image quality, but it's part of the shutter that really should be lubricated to continue working.

Two ways:
1) get a professional, such as Miles Whitehead, to do the job - and clean, lubricate and adjust (CLA) the camera in the process. That will cost you about £50, and the work will be warrantied, and by someone trained to do it.

2) DIY. http://jetbutterfly.web.fc2.com/camera/e_squeak.html

Personally, the thought of squirting a bit of lubricating oil into the innards of an SLR is a bit haphazard but that's up to you really.

I've done AV1 and A1 cameras and it's not difficult...mind you maybe I was lucky as I couldn't exactly see what I was doing, but the few drop of oil seemed to get on the mirror mechanism.
BTW I didn't actually have an annoying squeak on my A1, it was the mirror that was slow to operate...now it's fast after oiling.

The finest/thinnest oil I have found for this work is sewing machine oil, once exposed to the air it starts to evaporate very quickly, so purchase small quantities only.

I'm ham fisted at the best of times so I'm gonna get it serviced properly locally to me.
I've been quoted £40 + vat which seems reasonable.

I can honestly say I have never seen one of these before. Is it 110 film?

It's a Minolta 110 Zoom SLR. 110 film, single lens reflex. Much like a Pentax 110 but hmmm flatter?

Manual focus, aperture priority, 25-50mm zoom, F4.5.

It's now consider as a cult classic and because of Lomography's 110 new film stock the price went up towards the sky!

Last edited:
Back