Official Olympus E-PL5 thread. (other m4/3 are welcome too!) Show off your pics!

Yeah i saw that in a review but i rarely shoot in anything other than aperture priority.
Same here, but will use others incuding auto when needed.

Got more of the boys if you want them ;) alternatively, they're all on the flickr stream. Believe it or not, most bull mastiffs are long expired by around 8 years old - these chaps are 12 years old later this year! They live outside in a stable, which, apparently, is good for them. Don't think I'd fancy winter outside :D

Silas #4
by jageanke, on Flickr

Being outside hasn't done them any harm! Handsome chaps. Pics aren't bad either :-》

Last edited:
Being outside hasn't done them any harm! Handsome chaps. Pics aren't bad either :-》

Yeah they're alright really! Here's one of the brother - Django - he's a proper alpha male (look at his square head, lol).

On a side, as I managed to get a free pancake from Olympus, I've nabbed a second body, in the form of an EPL-3...which I should be picking up on Monday, all things equal. Will be handy to have something I am not constantly worried about ruining to take everywhere :)

Django Reinhardt
by jageanke, on Flickr

Last edited:
+1!

I wanted to test the lens turbo again, so snuck a couple of shots in while wifey was paying for the shopping ;) Nothing exciting but check out the Zeiss colours in the second picture
Superb!

Yeah they're alright really! Here's one of the brother - Django - he's a proper alpha male (look at his square head, lol).

On a side, as I managed to get a free pancake from Olympus, I've nabbed a second body, in the form of an EPL-3...which I should be picking up on Monday, all things equal. Will be handy to have something I am not constantly worried about ruining to take everywhere :)
Bet he's a big softy!

How did you blag a free lens?

As above - it was a promotion, but I narrowly missed the deadline purchase date - though I persuaded them that including me would be a good idea :) Got confirmation a couple of hours after paying for my 20mm f/1.7 the other day, lol! Typical.

Will keep the lens as above and have the second unit as one that is "expendable" so to speak. Uses the same battery as the EPL-5, so that's good - got three already (2x 3rd party for £4 each from 7dayshop).

As above - it was a promotion, but I narrowly missed the deadline purchase date - though I persuaded them that including me would be a good idea :) Got confirmation a couple of hours after paying for my 20mm f/1.7 the other day, lol! Typical.

Will keep the lens as above and have the second unit as one that is "expendable" so to speak. Uses the same battery as the EPL-5, so that's good - got three already (2x 3rd party for £4 each from 7dayshop).

That's next on my list, are the 7day batts OK? I have just put the screen protector on and have a nice alloy lens hood for mine.
Changed the strap too, didn't like the one supplied, tried a wrist strap (leather) and that didnt feel right so am using the Talk Photography strap that I got from Marcel (yes, that Marcel) and feels OK.

A couple more from the Peak District hike on Wednesday.

My mate Stu finds some funny places to take a rest!
Half Past Two by wontolla1, on Flickr. Info Provided from Flickr, its an Etap 22, the boat that is!

Love these old barns!
Small Field Barn by wontolla1, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's next on my list, are the 7day batts OK? I have just put the screen protector on and have a nice alloy lens hood for mine.
Changed the strap too, didn't like the one supplied, tried a wrist strap (leather) and that didnt feel right so am using the Talk Photography strap that I got from Marcel (yes, that Marcel) and feels OK.
Yeah 7day batteries are working like a champ in my EPL-5; charge just fine - there's no compatibility issues with BLS-5 and BLS-1 in my BLS-5 charger!

Yeah 7day batteries are working like a champ in my EPL-5; charge just fine - there's no compatibility issues with BLS-5 and BLS-1 in my BLS-5 charger!
So the 7 dayshop BLS-1 is the same as the BLS-5 and fits the EPL-5?

Just had a closer look and it don't look the same, there's an extra little contact on the BLS-5 that's not on the 7day one!

Last edited:
So the 7 dayshop BLS-1 is the same as the BLS-5 and fits the EPL-5?

Just had a closer look and it don't look the same, there's an extra little contact on the BLS-5 that's not on the 7day one!
Correct; and it (BLS-1) works 100% perfectly fine. I swear to the gods!

Extra contact is for additional safety shut-off of some sort; it's more to do with charging than in the camera - operationally it's 100% identical.

Cheers, I'll send for some.

Woods? Wouldnt like to see a quarry!

There may, or may not, have been a pair of barbed wire fences involved :D

...and a steep muddy slope!
Ahhh, trespass. Things we do for a picture! :)

Ahhh, trespass. Things we do for a picture! :)
In fairness, it was while heading down the Cloud Trail; I got a glimpse on a previous ride and thought I would keep an eye out for a suitable "access" point on my next trip through - glad I did - it's impressive. The 14mm just wasn't wide-angled enough to show it all.

Got more of the boys if you want them ;) alternatively, they're all on the flickr stream. Believe it or not, most bull mastiffs are long expired by around 8 years old - these chaps are 12 years old later this year! They live outside in a stable, which, apparently, is good for them. Don't think I'd fancy winter outside :D

Silas #4
by jageanke, on Flickr
Really like that one! They are gorgeous...

I love the little E-PL5 very compact and carry anywhere when paired with the 17mm.

I was quite pleased with this candid snapshot of my Granddaughter chilling out with her best friend .:)

Chilling Out by Paul Silk Photography, on Flickr
Olympus E-PL5 17mm f1.8 1/250sec @ f2.8 Fill Flash ISO 200

Very nice it is too Paul!

Need a longer lens now! Any recommendations?
Has anyone used a mirror lens on a Micro 4/3? I know they are a bit naff on DSLRs but are they on 4/3?
I've put my beloved Siggy 10-20 in the classifieds on here hopefully to get a suitable swap to fit my new camera!

I really wouldn't bother with a mirror. The only decent one for reasonable money (that I've used) is the Tamron SP 500/8, and that's a beast to handle on MFT!

It was just a thought.
Looking at some on offer they look ideal for Micro 4/3, size wise that is.

I wish you hadn't posted that!
That's an absolute bargain! Free postage too. All spare cash is going towards more goodies for my E-PL5 though!

I wish you hadn't posted that!
That's an absolute bargain! Free postage too. All spare cash is going towards more goodies for my E-PL5 though!
I'm only grabbing it to go with my future 17mm f/2.8 pancake from the Olympus promotion. Having a good quality 100% new second kit as it were, for less than £100, is too good to say no to.

So I won't!

Back