Official Talk Leica thread

Trying some outdated Fuji Sensia 200 E6 slide film on my 1986 M6 + 1988 German 35mm f1.4 Summiliux I can;t see any difference between the 1966 Canadian Leitz one and the 1988 German Leitz one. I found the film came out best rated 100 ASA.
SENSIA 200 test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
SENSIA 200 test 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
SENSIA 200 test 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
SENSIA 200 test 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
SENSIA 200 test 06 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Funky Colours Pete.

Got an email saying that there's a new firmware out for the M11 - 2.02 apparently. Not sure what the changes are but its likely a hot fix for something if it launched that soon after the previous one?

actually its as follows:

Changes and improvements:

New

• The dust protection function can now be activated manually for lens changes.
Error Correction

• Switching off the camera while in Tethering mode could result in picture loss
  • Tethering malfunction in conjunction with Leica FOTOS
  • The screen would flicker when using the magnification function in Review mode
  • The function setting for Extended Dynamic Range was not saved to User Profiles
  • The selected user profile would be reset to factory settings when the camera was switched off

Last edited:
Hi, ... (M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Nokton 1,2/35 v1 ; f 1,2 ; crops) :

L1031966_DxO-v35-12-c.jpg

L1031966_DxO-v35-12-cc-660k.jpg

(There are two ways of making aspherical lenses : pressing or grinding. Ground lenses are made from duds available in different standards of precision (to be found
in the SCHOTT (belonging to the ZEISS group) glass catalog). Which means there are aspherical lenses with different quality.

My NOKTON v1 is from the early days. My newer VOIGTLÄNDER lenses show better bokeh balls... )

Last edited:
Hi, ... (M9 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35 f 2,8 ; crop) :

L1032052_DxO-z35d-c.jpg

Well, a high-res camera and a longer lens with AF would have been better, I think. I tweaked micro-contrast in DxO.

But I like squirrels, so I like this pic ...

Attachments

• L1032052_DxO-z35d-28.jpg
    L1032052_DxO-z35d-28.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
should I point out the obvious... just missed the focus.... but still looks good
they arent too scared of you ??

Hi, they simply moved too fast for my focussing skills. They weren't scared of me. Actually, they even ran to me to check me out. I should have brought some nuts with me, perhaps.

Anyway, in future I shall take a SONY to take cemetery pics ... ---

Last edited:
Back