Oh Wow

Name
Darrell
Edit My Images
Yes
Yaah, i almost fell off my chair when i logged in tonight and seen this forum, gonna have some fun in here!!!!
mmm not really had much chance to process any pictures but i cant start a thread and not include one so everyone can we please have your thoughts on this....

The Aliens are here!!! by The-dodo, on Flickr

Thought it looked familiar :)
Nice take on it.

Cheers we very often go out on shoots together and come back with very similar images, so as of late we have decided to both shoot from entirely different angles, and i also liketo have a play with some weird and wacky processing. It's not always to everyones taste, but i like to be different:LOL:

One of the reasons my not-quite-mainstream go on deviantArt, rather than Flickr. I can get 5/9/14 hits on Flickr but 50+ on deviantArt. Different peer group.

One of the reasons my not-quite-mainstream go on deviantArt, rather than Flickr. I can get 5/9/14 hits on Flickr but 50+ on deviantArt. Different peer group.

I think i may have a look at that site, a few people have mentioned it to me now(y)

I like this technique and shot, the big question is HOW, I would love to use it.

Ok the original was taken using 57 stacked images, with the first 15 or so having various sections "painted" using a flash gun covered in some nifty homemade gels (plastic drinks bottles:D)
The camera was then left to do its thing for around 20 minutes to create the star trails, afterwards the exposures were stacked using startrails.de (a free piece of software, just type into google).
The edit was simply a crop, then a play about using "Fractalious" Plugin for photoshop.(y)

when you say 'the camera was left'. did you use a timer?

If you use a trigger on the camera if you set the camera to 30 seconds for example and then lock the trigger on then the camera will take 30 second exposures one after another until you unlock the trigger (y) If you want more information check out my guide to star trails there is a link in my signature (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Back