ok tell me where i'm going wrong

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from my recent hols, would appreciate any comments on them and ideas for improvement

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

Hiya and welcome to the forum

Overall that snot actually a bad set, especially given we all know how hard it can be capturing dogs that are bouncing around on a beach. #1 is not appealing on the eye tbh but the rest all have good focal points, well exposed and composition is quite good. The only crit I would give is that some have got a definate pinky colour cast, and they would all benefit from a slight sharpen, but overall I really like them. Lovely dogs too (y)

I like no.3 the best. Not keen on no.1 and it's a shame the dogs in 5 & 6 are out of the frame at the bottom,but still not a bad set of shots, and they look lovely dogs.

My mum used to cut the heads off everyone. You seem to have the same problem with feet.:) Maybe try to concentrate a bit more on composition. As Yv said, there's a strange pinky colour cast. Which lens are you using? Aside from that they are fairly sharp, considering dogs don't stay still for long, but would benefit from some additional sharpening in PP. Hope this helps.

My mum used to cut the heads off everyone. You seem to have the same problem with feet.:) Maybe try to concentrate a bit more on composition. As Yv said, there's a strange pinky colour cast. Which lens are you using? Aside from that they are fairly sharp, considering dogs don't stay still for long, but would benefit from some additional sharpening in PP. Hope this helps.

this is the lens that i used http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-75-300mm-4-0-5-6-III-Lens/dp/B00005K47Y/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298976996&sr=1-4 its an old lens that i used to use with my film camera, am thinking of investing in the 55 - 250mm canon one, the pink tinge is it on the dogs, the only pink i can see on them is where the dogs have pink on their white bits, this is where they've been licking themselves, never even noticed that the feet were cut off, but thats why i posted for some constructive criticism so thanks very much

Last edited:
Last edited:
Getting the 55-250mm is a good idea, I got one for £130 delivered, great lens for the price, also might be an idea to shoot a bit wider, that way you can crop to a more pleasing composition, plus a bit of sharpening.

Back