Old Pano

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
No
Dusting of a lot of cobwebs lately, including ACC subscription and found these that needed stitching into a pano, it's a wide one. This is from my last dedicated landscape outing which was back in Feb 2019, just goes to show what having a child, whilst changing career and living through a pandemic can do to halt the hobby.... Looks a smidge darker in this upload, probably because I've snipped a screenshot to reduce the file size. (work laptop).

20190224-Landscape_Tipree-snipped.jpg

Thanks Alan. It's been refreshing to start the buzz again. I might even head out with the camera soon :D. So far I've been playing with flash indoors trying to get the kids to play ball, it's been fun.

Carl, I don't know if you've spotted it but there is a panno thread so you might want to post your lovely picture in it.

It's here...

I hadn't seen it, though I did look for a pano category in the photo sharing and critique section. Might put it in that thread too then. Thanks Alan.

That really made me chuckle too Alan... As soon as I clicked on the thread I see your pano of Roseberry Topping!!! I used to climb that a fair bit as a child. Used to even walk there all the way from Redcar.

Dusting of a lot of cobwebs lately, including ACC subscription and found these that needed stitching into a pano, it's a wide one. This is from my last dedicated landscape outing which was back in Feb 2019, just goes to show what having a child, whilst changing career and living through a pandemic can do to halt the hobby.... Looks a smidge darker in this upload, probably because I've snipped a screenshot to reduce the file size. (work laptop).

View attachment 402269

Lovely colours, tones and light, but it would be very interesting to have seen the same shot but with at least twice the vertical height?

Thanks Graham, I agree and I fight with myself all the time with how much sky I want to include in the final images. One of the issues of living in East Anglia is there is often little (if any at all) undulation. So nearly always sky visible in woodland shots. For me on this occasion it was too much and detracted from what I noticed on the day and wanted the viewer to focus on which is what you noticed and commented on as lovely. :)

Lovely and so atmospheric!
Having a child and changing career is too much, i can sympathise

Thanks Graham, I agree and I fight with myself all the time with how much sky I want to include in the final images. One of the issues of living in East Anglia is there is often little (if any at all) undulation. So nearly always sky visible in woodland shots. For me on this occasion it was too much and detracted from what I noticed on the day and wanted the viewer to focus on which is what you noticed and commented on as lovely. :)

Have you got a larger resolution version to view as I'd love to see how it looks on the super widescreen?

Back