Olympus 4/3 lens to Panasonic M4/3 camera problem

Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently passed on my Pany G3K to my nephew and he asked me to find him a longer zoom.looking at the price of a new 40-150mm which was pricey i went down the route of getting him a used Olympus 4/3 40-150mm lens with new 3rd party compatable 4/3 to M4/3 a/f adapter.this fits all ok but anything other than Manual settings im just getting the zoom hunting continually and unable to take a shot.im prety sure all should be straight forward or am i missing something or is it likely the lens or adapter are at fault.as i have no other camera to check these on im a bit confused.

any ideas please

I know from the other way that the lens on the Olympus M1 had the same problem until they used the MFT 3 adaptor, I have one you could try & borrow if you pay postage

I know from the other way that the lens on the Olympus M1 had the same problem until they used the MFT 3 adaptor, I have one you could try & borrow if you pay postage
Peter it sounds like you have a very similar adapter to the 3rd party one im using and as i have stated,im not sure if its the adapter or lens at fault or possibly neither !!. is your adapter original or third party.i ask as it maybe a faulty or badly made adapter i have here......also im not sure if posting yours would be any better than perhaps me taking camera and lens to camera shop and trying another adapter in store.perhaps doing that would awnser my problem

I wasn't aware that there were any Third Party "AF" adaptors for 4/3 to m4/3 I thought only Panasonic and Olympus branded adapters would allow AF?
there are several advertised on the 'BAY' (where i got mine) and Amazon all of which suposadly are fully compatable

....looking at the price of a new 40-150mm which was pricey ...
Look again.
Those excellent lenses can be found for less than £150 brand new, sometimes £99.
This forum sells them used too, along with the stabilised Lumix versions.

Also : check your aperture is wide open and the light is good. Do not test it at F8 in a dim room.
I have two adapters and two 4/3rds 40-150 zooms and they all work fine on my Panasonic bodies.
Clean your contacts.

Still, you made the wrong choice buying the old lens with adapter. Workable but not ideal.

Last edited:
Peter it sounds like you have a very similar adapter to the 3rd party one im using and as i have stated,im not sure if its the adapter or lens at fault or possibly neither !!. is your adapter original or third party.i ask as it maybe a faulty or badly made adapter i have here......also im not sure if posting yours would be any better than perhaps me taking camera and lens to camera shop and trying another adapter in store.perhaps doing that would awnser my problem

its an original Olympus Latest adaptor, works well on my G5 which a s infrared conversion

Look again.
Those excellent lenses can be found for less than £150 brand new, sometimes £99.
This forum sells them used too, along with the stabilised Lumix versions.

Also : check your aperture is wide open and the light is good. Do not test it at F8 in a dim room.
I have two adapters and two 4/3rds 40-150 zooms and they all work fine on my Panasonic bodies.
Clean your contacts.

Still, you made the wrong choice buying the old lens with adapter. Workable but not ideal.

thanks for that...i have now found the m43 Olympus lens at 'Curry's house at £99 with nice camera case,so may go for this,but will put a post in the Wanted forum first ...just in case someone is wanting to sell theirs

thanks all for advise/help

its an original Olympus Latest adaptor, works well on my G5 which a s infrared conversion

Peter. I really appreciate your offer but will pass as firstly i wouldnt want to have any accident with your adapter as this camera kit is now being used by my 13 yr old nephew and secondly i might just as well use any postage costs towards buying him a M 4/3 lens

all the best

peter

Back