Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Hi just brought a s/h one,came with 2 spare 3rd party batteries,anybody had any problem with 3rd party batteries,the person I brought it from said one of the batteries is a bit tight fit in the body :)

Hi just brought a s/h one,came with 2 spare 3rd party batteries,anybody had any problem with 3rd party batteries,the person I brought it from said one of the batteries is a bit tight fit in the body :)

The same problem has been mentioned in this thread a few times already.

There are lots of photo's taken with the lens on a Flickr group page. It looks like it performs well in all sorts of conditions.

I considered the 12-35 but I'm becoming increasingly interested in the quality that primes can provide, both legacy and m4/3, so I went for the 75mm f1.8 instead. I'm not 100% sold yet but it does make seriously sharp images.
A few samples from its first outing, no pp applied:

P8230073.jpg

P8230062.jpg

P8230057.jpg

Spoke to Oly technical today and was told, 'Any camera with loose lugs is faulty and should be returned for replacement'.

Mine went back today, I'm a little sceptical about the replacement bit, but we shall see.

How they would gain access to tighten a lug, he only knows.

The long and short of it is, the body has been replaced, came today, Wednesday.

If anyone is interested in the saga...........http://www.mu-43.com/f42/lol-saga-loose-lugs-diary-31824/

UPDATE...

How's this for service...

Tuesday.....
Body shipped to Oly in UK.
Oly contacted requesting body be returned.

Friday....
Body recieved from PORTUGAL.

Now to get it returned to Amazon to meet the deadline

I considered the 12-35 but I'm becoming increasingly interested in the quality that primes can provide, both legacy and m4/3, so I went for the 75mm f1.8 instead. I'm not 100% sold yet but it does make seriously sharp images.
A few samples from its first outing, no pp applied:

#3 looks a little soft, dare I say :shrug:

IMVHO

UPDATE...

How's this for service...

Tuesday.....
Body shipped to Oly in UK.
Oly contacted requesting body be returned.

Friday....
Body recieved from PORTUGAL.

Now to get it returned to Amazon to meet the deadline

Hope you make the deadline...

Many moons ago I had an Olympus Camedia CZ-2000, my first digital camera. One night on holiday I knocked over the tripod it was mounted on and the lens contacted the ground first. As a result it was about 15 degrees off-axis and would neither retract or extend. I contacted Oly tech support and they asked me to send it to them, which I did. A week later they contacted me and told me it had been fixed in their workshop IN PORTUGAL and it would be returned to me the following week, which it was. There was no charge.

Do people find this camera make little noise when on,just got mine seem a little hum when switch on,is this normal ? :)

Thanks

Do people find this camera make little noise when on,just got mine seem a little hum when switch on,is this normal ? :)

Thanks

I would guess it is the image stabilisation starting up, my K-5 does it too and it has IS in body. Was worried when I first bought it as my Nikon's never did it took it to SRS and said it is perfectly normal and it is the IBIS. Am assuming the EM-5 is the same.

My OM-D has a hissing sound while turned on at idle, is this normal? I would expect the IS to only be active when the button is half-pressed.

I really want an EM5 but that kit lens looks ridiculous to me - too thin for it's length.

May I suggest that from now on we all refer to it as 'the chipolata'?

Only picked up the OM-D today, haven't noticed any humming or hissing as yet

Here it is:

Silver Olympus OM-D E-M5 by Billie Ruffian, on Flickr

Huh? How did you get a silver lens?

Was in cameraworld earlier - they had a silver body only in stock but not the kit - sales chaps didn't know anything about the silver kit lens though :shrug:

Where did yours come from and did you know it was a silver lens you were getting?

Seems to be a bit random - wish McShug would let us know !

Sorry guys, I wasn't getting any notification emails.

I went to Park Cameras and had a play with their Black demo model, decided it was what I wanted, queried about the silver body, and the silver lens was in the box, even though the box show silver body, black lens.

The box was opened, even though everything was unused, so possibly someone else had inquired and decided against it or it was their display lens, I didn't query it as it was what I wanted.

Sorry guys, I wasn't getting any notification emails.

I went to Park Cameras and had a play with their Black demo model, decided it was what I wanted, queried about the silver body, and the silver lens was in the box, even though the box show silver body, black lens.

The box was opened, even though everything was unused, so possibly someone else had inquired and decided against it or it was their display lens, I didn't query it as it was what I wanted.

Cool thanks for clarifying

I have collected my OMD, great times to be had.

A quick question can you set the copyright/owner information anywhere?

I have collected my OMD, great times to be had.

A quick question can you set the copyright/owner information anywhere?

Yes:

Menu
Settings (cogs)
H - Record-Erase
Copyright Settings

p91 of your pdf manual

Very nice Glenn, looks like a stunning lens, wish it was a focal length I'd have a use for ;)

Thanks, the focal length was something I wondered about but the quality of the image over-rode that and I'm learning to use the lens and liking the results:

P8260236.jpg

Pops.jpg

Jakedude.jpg

P8260219.jpg

Glenn Surtees said:
Thanks, the focal length was something I wondered about but the quality of the image over-rode that and I'm learning to use the lens and liking the results:

Stop it, I'm weak ;)

Glenn Surtees said:
I reckon the 12-50 in macro mode does a pretty good job

Yep, I made a big mistake not getting the the OM-D with the 12-50, it seems better than the early reports.

These are both taken with the 12-50mm kit lens.

SnailMacro.jpg

SOOC just a crop & resize

No96.jpg

SOOC just resized

Both JPEG's camera set to superfine, I did notice a lag when taking the kayak's, but refresh is set to normal so that could explain it.

Hi All,

I'm one more to join the OMD club. Pleased to say, I've sold off all my Canon SLR gear and purchased a black OM-D E-M5 with the 12-50 lens, and the 45mm f1.8 to go with it too. Not used it much yet but initial impression is very good, love the solid build and the EVF is great.

One trouble I have is finding a suitable bag for it, ideally want something that is small and compact and sling style, with a rain cover. Was considering the Kata Torso bag for Compact cameras (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kata-Torso-Panasonic-Cameras-Handycam/dp/B00469ZZRO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1346680563&sr=1-2) but it looks probably too small to fit everything in?

What bag is everyone else using and would recommend?

Hi All,

I'm one more to join the OMD club. Pleased to say, I've sold off all my Canon SLR gear and purchased a black OM-D E-M5 with the 12-50 lens, and the 45mm f1.8 to go with it too. Not used it much yet but initial impression is very good, love the solid build and the EVF is great.

One trouble I have is finding a suitable bag for it, ideally want something that is small and compact and sling style, with a rain cover. Was considering the Kata Torso bag for Compact cameras (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kata-Torso-Panasonic-Cameras-Handycam/dp/B00469ZZRO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1346680563&sr=1-2) but it looks probably too small to fit everything in?

What bag is everyone else using and would recommend?

Congrats - are you planning on taking just the body, kit lens and 45 or adding to it later?

Back