On the prom

Edit My Images
No
The wet curves of the sea-wall, exposed at low tide after rain, and foreshortened and emphasised by a long lens, drew me into this shot. Black and white showed the shapes best. Does it work?

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Cleveleys-promenade.jpg

Very nice! I like this a lot. Perfect use of black and white - love all the information in the image too, especially like the ghostly look of (Blackpool?) tower in the background. Also love the way everyone is in couples too - it has a great winter seaside feel :)

Thanks for the feedback Jimmy. I'm pleased you like all the info in the image because one thing I couldn't decide was whether or not it was too "busy". And yes, it's the prom at Cleveleys, with distant Blackpool.

Regards, Tony

I think it works really well with lots of tone and texture in there. The curves lead the eye nicely into the shot.

Works very well Tony ... and the mono style does it too ...(y)

It is a very entertaining pic with bags of interest throughout ... especially with the draw of the curves heping the eye into the shot ...;)

Only very minor crit would be the edge of the cars and the two 'poles' on left of frame ... clutter best cropped ...imo ...:D

Otherwise spot on m8 ...like it !...

:p

Thanks for the further comments on this one minimeeze, Venomator, Diego and kissfoto. I've been switching between liking it and being unsure about it. I agree about it being a bit messy top left, and I wasn't sure whether all the puddles added to or took away from the shot. It's a location I'll have another go at. I should have mentioned that B & W was chosen not only to emphasise the lines, but because the steps are GREEN (weed/algae?)!!!

Regards, Tony

Good - burn the sky in a bit to show more detail in the background and it's a winner.

Lovely! and suits the B&W treatment. (y)

Spend your next wet weekend having a play with this one. I think there is a lot more to come out of this shot with a bit of post processing.

Back