On the streets of London

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken on London's Oxford Street and Marble Arch.

1) Selling the Big Issue outside Selfridge's main door

2) Homeless(?) man with dog

3) Wonder where the man went?

4) Taking shelter in Marble Arch

Click on a pic for large.

I like these... #2 is the pick of the bunch for me, the chap obviously looks after his dog well! Lots of character too (y)

They don't really do anything for me I am afraid, I have never had the courage to do street photography, maybe because I think the images should in your face close, have a noisy or gritty feel to them, higher contrast and I think B&W conversions for some reason work the best.

The guy in 4 for instance looks as though he could tell a story or two, but I feel detached from him because he is so far away!!!!!

to be honest they don't do much for me, but neither do any of my candids so don't take it to heart

Fair enough - thanks for responding :)

I like these... #2 is the pick of the bunch for me, the chap obviously looks after his dog well! Lots of character too (y)

Thanks for that ;)

They don't really do anything for me I am afraid, I have never had the courage to do street photography, maybe because I think the images should in your face close, have a noisy or gritty feel to them, higher contrast and I think B&W conversions for some reason work the best.

The guy in 4 for instance looks as though he could tell a story or two, but I feel detached from him because he is so far away!!!!!

Take your point, but I do not think candids always have to "in your face close, have a noisy or gritty feel to them", I just like to try and get shots that show characters. B&W does often add something, but I must admit to being a novice with that process.

Back