One from the Cemetery

I do. It's a nice shot. I sometimes wonder if I ought to be photographing in a graveyard. Some might find it a bit morbid, I suppose. I actually had a church warden sneak up on me the other week and question me about what I was doing. I don't think she was convinced about my talking about textures and decay. :D

I used to work very close to the London Road cemetery in Coventry. I used to walk around there lunchtimes, on account of it was so wild and interesting. One day I was just lining up a shot when someone put a firm hand on my shoulder. I figured it would be a warden asking what I was up to. But when I turned there was no-one there....

I do. It's a nice shot. I sometimes wonder if I ought to be photographing in a graveyard. Some might find it a bit morbid, I suppose. I actually had a church warden sneak up on me the other week and question me about what I was doing. I don't think she was convinced about my talking about textures and decay. :D
I find so many of the stones make such great subjects for the camera. I don't feel any issue taking photos in graveyards, in fact I often think I'm probably the only person in years to visit some of them, and I always do it with a sense of consideration. In a way I suppose it means they still have a place, they are not forgotten. I suppose some could see it as morbid, I'm just fascinated by the history and past lives, and I get a huge sense of calm when I'm in these places.

Plus it's nice to say hello to the family, these two are a couple of my Victorian uncles from my mothers side.

An 1.jpg
An 2.jpg

I used to work very close to the London Road cemetery in Coventry. I used to walk around there lunchtimes, on account of it was so wild and interesting. One day I was just lining up a shot when someone put a firm hand on my shoulder. I figured it would be a warden asking what I was up to. But when I turned there was no-one there....
Yikes !

Back