One little fishy

Name
Charmaine
Edit My Images
No
Never managed to shoot a fish in a fish tank before. NOt sure if this one works either but if nothing else i did get it sharp imho. I liked the color but its a very busy background so I am not sure how that comes across. xx

One-little-fishy.jpg

Don't think the border helps, but I'd say that some of the highlights on the fish are a little blown maybe and the background a little too busy ... it doesn't quite stand out enough.

Oh, and it's a damn ugly fish :D

Did you use an onboard flash?

That's a great pic, despite the background. Its worth playing around with dof when taking pics of fish in tanks as the backgrounds are invariably distracting.

I'm the opposite, the only half decent pics I can take are of fish in tanks ;)

And I wouldn't want to eat that Lion Fish, them spines are venemous.

Thanks for the comments.... as me say. never managed it yet. Shooting a moving target indoors though inches of glass and gallons of water need practice I guess, the light conditions arent really very favourable for photography lol. And yes.. i used on board flash.. dont have any other as yet. but well... back to the drawing board lol xx

Some of the best tank shots I have seen have used a flash to one side of the camera. I'm now saving up for one.

Why is it that two of the most expensive hobbies ( Marine Fish & Photography ) go together & my partner is into both. Plus my kit!! No wonder I am skint.

Back