Critique One of my boys

Name
Dom
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, my first offering for critique so be rough and ready :)

One of my other hobbies is tropical fish, specifically Cichlids from Lake Malawi, this being an example of a male Socolofi (pseudotropheus family) and one who can be swift of fin when spooked so not the easiest to capture.

Now, this is with my new D750, a 60mm Nikkor F2.8, white balance set to take account of the 14k flourescent tubes, oh and it's the first time I've used Lightroom. Previously a Paintshop Pro user. (Yes I know :jawdrop: )

Thanks in advance.

Dom

View attachment 23814

Hi Dom. I keep marine fish, and find it difficult to get good shots of my fish.
I'm a member on ultimate reef forum, and some of the shots you see on there are incredible.
As far as your shots concerned, well done on getting a shot of a difficult fish to photograph.
The shot looks a quite noisy to me, and not very sharp, but it's still better than my efforts.
I think most of the better shots are taken using a macro lens, which I don't have.

Thanks for this. I agree it could be a lot sharper, maybe a macro lens is on the cards. I'm still trying to find my way round Lightroom so not really able to so much in that yet to enhance things. Also this is a 50% crop which doesn't help.

As far as UR goes, I joined up there a while back. I actually have the gubbins for a 6 foot reef tank. Maidenhead Aquatics aqua oak stand, 6x2x2 tank, 150 litre sump, Magus skimmer and a load of other gear. Just need to build it all which isn't likely until the house extension's finished. So I may be tapping you up for advice come the time. :)

Thanks for this. I agree it could be a lot sharper, maybe a macro lens is on the cards. I'm still trying to find my way round Lightroom so not really able to so much in that yet to enhance things. Also this is a 50% crop which doesn't help.

As far as UR goes, I joined up there a while back. I actually have the gubbins for a 6 foot reef tank. Maidenhead Aquatics aqua oak stand, 6x2x2 tank, 150 litre sump, Magus skimmer and a load of other gear. Just need to build it all which isn't likely until the house extension's finished. So I may be tapping you up for advice come the time. :)
(y)

Back