One of those - what the heck is going on here?

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Im not sure if they were mating or one had killed and cocooned the other. Just could not tell with the naked eye and still can't tell even with a crop. Any ideas??

14678180976_b2fbbf941f_b.jpg

Didnt look right at all :/

The dead one is a crane fly by looks of it has been dead a while suspect that the beetle just found it... is this the correct orientation?

The dead crane fly I found would not have stuck upside down on a leaf. :) could be that it has some sort of fungal infection though.

Necrophilia?

The dead one is a crane fly by looks of it has been dead a while suspect that the beetle just found it... is this the correct orientation?

The dead crane fly I found would not have stuck upside down on a leaf. :) could be that it has some sort of fungal infection though.

Yes, correct orientation. Made me think it was cocooned as its an odd position, there is fungus everywhere in this woods, the harvestman in one of my other images was supping it up. He's probably up somewhere high with his guts exploded :(

Necrophilia?
pmsl charles lol

Looks like a spider kill, mummified the victim and the plant bug has found a free meal maybe.

I'm thinking about the fungal, as it was upside down and the legs so seem to be attached to the leaf, but im not sure what rigor mortis (if they can even have that) effect on them but perhaps as @Ajophotog is right and its bound up - maybe even both?
Some great stuff about!

Back