Online Storage

Name
Kyle
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a online storage facility. Doesn't need to be a photo sharing one just somewhere I can store my jpeg and raw files without reducing their size. Looking for at least 500GB.
Thanks in advance.

Only one i know of is dropbox... 100GB costs $199 a year... they do Dropbox for teams which starts at 1000GB... but this would cost a fortune i would have thought!

Does is need to be online?? could you not get a home network drive and link that to the internet??

Thanks for your replys!
Was looking at online
1. Due to laziness of having to back up on to hard drives then taking one off site
2. Cost of multiple hard drives capable of taking all the pics
3. Being able to access the pictures from anywhere.

Hadn't considered the home network server will have a look!

Thanks again for your replies

Our online backup provider would cost £175 a month for 500Gb. Don't do it.

Home server for your house (will give you external access), the new WHS is out now which has lots of cool toys on.

Why not buy a NAS device, plug it into the router at your parents/siblings/etc. and copy data across via a VPN or encrypted FTP (compressed ideally). This will give you automated offsite backup. You can copy all the data across to the NAS while it is in your house, move it to the new site and then you only have to copy over the changes as they happen.

Our online backup provider would cost £175 a month for 500Gb. Don't do it.

Home server for your house (will give you external access), the new WHS is out now which has lots of cool toys on.

Why not buy a NAS device, plug it into the router at your parents/siblings/etc. and copy data across via a VPN or encrypted FTP (compressed ideally). This will give you automated offsite backup. You can copy all the data across to the NAS while it is in your house, move it to the new site and then you only have to copy over the changes as they happen.

get a synology box, use something like dynDNS and open a few ports on your router.. (y)

Back