Ooooh Baby!

Edit My Images
Yes
first photos with my Lensbaby.....sat in bed, just after the postman arrived....:naughty:

lensbabysmall.jpg

then Barry went into the shower and I took another one.....

myrtlesmall.jpg

then I noticed Monkey looking fed up....

monkeysmall.jpg

I look forward to seeing more shots with the lensbaby... looks good so far. Love that 2nd one!

thanks for adding that link Allan....

here's another...there's no stopping me now!

tommysmall.jpg

Ah, Monkey is a mischevious little err, umm monkey! He gets up to all sorts of antics... I wouldn't trust that look on his face at all.

I even caught Myrtle and the "Lavendar Girl" hanging off the bed as if part of a suicide pact (in absolute protest over said symian character) only to see this gloating grin, coy and innocent.... TBH it looked like a scene from "Picnic at Hanging Rock"!

This is only the start..... I dread to think what is being unleashed ;)

this one is not so good but I just wanted to showyou who Barry was talking about.... :LOL:

lavendergirlsmall.jpg

the results are well worth the money, its not toooo expensive either. This lens fulfills my arty side, I just need to try it on the D200 now :naughty:

Did you get the original or version 2 Marianne?

And where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking, cheapest I can see it for is about ÂŁ99, although there is one on ebay with 3 days to go currently at ÂŁ35

the lens bends and stretches Peter, you pull it in and out to focus and bend it a bit and click. You have to set the camera onto manual and change the shutter speed as the light changes. You get different sized aperture rings with it but I like the F4 one the best so far but its early days yet :)

Yeah I checked out a few places that I've used before, ebay and did a few google searches and got lucky with DCS, noticed that WarehouseExpress were about ÂŁ20 more in total :( sorry

stop gloating.... :LOL:

I love it, now I want to see what attachments you can get other than the macro lenses :love:

I know....big hug...lol

I wish you had told me last week though....

I'm not even going to think about it any more....its only money :crying:

I didn't know last week - I've seen the adverts in the back of my AP magazine and thought "I'll have to have a look at that at some point" and never did, seeing your test shots, then having a look at the site made me want to buy it so I just had a look around for prices today.

Chances are there is somewhere cheaper, but if photography is anything like computing then theres never a right time to buy something, it'll always be cheaper if you wait and it'll always be superceeded by something better. :)

Stop reading the forums and go find some more lensbaby sweet spots ;)

Oh and I forgot to mention, DCS do next day delivery if orders are placed by 1pm so I'll have my lensbaby tomorrow ;)

Actually looking again at those shots, is Myrtle an interflora bear?

I got sue one last year and she doesnt sleep without it now.

Trust me! It was worth the extra expense to see the happiness across Marianne's face ALL DAY LONG! ;) I don't think you could buy that sort of joy.....

I don't think you could buy that sort of joy.....

But you bought the lens which in turn brought on the joy, so theoretically your statement is untrue ;) .... :bonk:

Just had another look through your site, I wish I'd known about you two last year, you could have done our wedding photos :)

Actually looking again at those shots, is Myrtle an interflora bear?

I got sue one last year and she doesnt sleep without it now.

yes she is...how very observant of you! Myrtle was delivered with a bunch of roses to Southampton Uni when I was working there and Barry was here in Cambs....a very special bear indeed :love:

We do 'a year after the event ' weddings too :LOL:

ha, I want a TP discount ;)

Sue got hers with a bunch of roses too, when she was staying at her mum and dads without me last year, I thought it'd help her sleep and it does - she can't sleep without it now.

She went over to her mum and dads a few months ago again and left Myrtle at home by accident, so I ordered her another one but they were out of stock and so she got given a Mannie instead who is slightly bigger but stays at her mum and dads for when we go over there.

Bear spotting, its an art form ;)

interesting gizmo!

yay

Your Order Tracking Details
31/08/06: Received @ 11:47
31/08/06: Status = Dispatched

Lensbaby tomorrow oh yeah :D

And I just got a phone call from a job agency to say that I've got an interview next week at an IT security firm, yippee.

Might have to wait until monday - depends if it comes special delivery and comes before we leave the house, it might go down to the sorting office and I wont be able to get it over the weekend as we're at her mum and dads.

Can't wait to have a play around with it though :D

I go away for a few days and come back to find Marianne playing with a bendy thing in her bedroom while Barry's back is turned. I am shocked :eek: :LOL:

My recent purchase is some Lee filters and although I had to send one back as it was marked (wasn't me honest :shrug: ) I had my first play last night and am looking forward to using them more.

Well after a bit of a worrying period - no note through the door to say its been delivered and getting the tracking number which states it has been signed for I found it with one of the neighbours - dont you just hate it when they leave it with a neighbour but don't leave a card to say where it is?

Just about to unpack it and then I might have a play :D

Back