Optional 2nd year Warranty for Nikons

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Its just came to my attention that i couldve had an extra years warranty on my D5000 when i was browsing the Sales section and someone asked if the seller had registered his 2 year warranty for his D90. Now ive just googled 2 year warranty and found that it had to be registered/activated within 30 days of purchase. When buying the camera there was no mention of this and theres nothing on the box so i'm a bit peeved since i bought mine in around July.....
Anyone else had this problem?
Phil

Contact Nikon as its not through them that do the extended warranty....

I registered my new D700 & got the option to purchase the extended warranty a week or two later... Saying that I'm still getting them for my old D300s which is dearer than the D700 for some unknown reason..

I have only had one of my pieces of Nikon kit have a mention of the 2 year warranty on the box.
The 2 year warranty is not transferrable to another owner.

Quite a bit of my kit came from Mifsuds and Matthew always reminded me to register for the extended warranty.
If you are the original owner email Nikon and explain. Who knows they may agree. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You could try contacting Nikon as it's them that provide the free 2nd year, but it only applies to bodies and not lenses.

You should have had a warranty card with your camera that gives the option of registering online or by post.

What did you purchase, Steve?

The extra year's warranty is free.

Was for the 3rd year - if I ever keep it that long :LOL:

It was just over £12 cheaper than the D300s I owned so with the D700 costing me £1757 I thought I'd get it, mainly for piece of mind....

You could try contacting Nikon as it's them that provide the free 2nd year, but it only applies to bodies and not lenses.

You should have had a warranty card with your camera that gives the option of registering online or by post.

All i have in the box are 3 pieces of paper.

One says Nikon Worldwide Service Warranty and tells you how to use the card.

One Is the Dealers Record where on the reverse it states that my Nikon equipment is guaranteed for one year from date of purchase.

The last is a Nikon Europe Service Warranty which has a number and Nikon U.K. LTD printed on it. The bottom has been removed from it along a perforated line so i dont know what was there.

So where the hell is the warranty card anyway? :thinking:

Thanks, Phil

If my memory serves me correct when i bought mine i registered it online, i then got the option to get an extra year either by email via a link or from the actual Nikon europe site. Sorry but i can't remember exactly.

All i have in the box are 3 pieces of paper.

One says Nikon Worldwide Service Warranty and tells you how to use the card.

One Is the Dealers Record where on the reverse it states that my Nikon equipment is guaranteed for one year from date of purchase.

The last is a Nikon Europe Service Warranty which has a number and Nikon U.K. LTD printed on it. The bottom has been removed from it along a perforated line so i dont know what was there.

So where the hell is the warranty card anyway? :thinking:

Thanks, Phil

If its yellow/white in colour & has the model name ie NIKON D5000 & the serial No. on it then thats it your warranty slip I'm afraid....

Once you register the camera Nikon extends it to 2yrs in total... Which can be done either on line via Nikons site or by contacting them....

As you've mentioned that the last slip has been removed then maybe the seller/shop may have registered it on your behalf...

Your best option is to contact Nikon & ask them... Explain to them that the last slip is missing & you assumed that the seller/shop registered it on your behalf...

Last edited:
Were Nikon doing the 2 year warranty when you bought yours Phil? My box had a sticker on the front saying about it and on the card inside. I did mine online to get the extra year.

If its yellow/white in colour & has the model name ie NIKON D5000 & the serial No. on it then thats it your warranty slip I'm afraid....

Once you register the camera Nikon extends it to 2yrs in total... Which can be done either on line via Nikons site or by contacting them....

As you've mentioned that the last slip has been removed then maybe the seller/shop may have registered it on your behalf...

Your best option is to contact Nikon & ask them... Explain to them that the last slip is missing & you assumed that the seller/shop registered it on your behalf...

Godd thinking, i'll ring Jessops 2mrw....

Were Nikon doing the 2 year warranty when you bought yours Phil? My box had a sticker on the front saying about it and on the card inside. I did mine online to get the extra year.

I bought mine just before you i believe mate.

When you say card you are talking about the slip with the holes punched down the sides with Dealers Record wrote at the top right on a gold background yeh?
Anyhoo, ive been into Jessops when i was buying a 35mm prime and asked them if it was possible they couldve registered the camera and they said it would be highly unlikely. Pezza, if you get a chance could you take a photo of your slips so i can see what the hell im missing. Ive registered the camera on Nikon and subscribed to the 2nd year warranty to see what happens.
Phil

Why don't you get in contact with Nikon like I said :shrug:

I bought my D700 2 years ago and I had a slip of paper inside to advice about the extra 12 months warranty.
To register you need to ring 0800 408 5060 it was Homeserve who were dealing with the extra warranty on Nikons behalf..... at the time, there was also a reference number to quote NKGX71A
give them a ring and see if they will extend for you
Dave

When you say card you are talking about the slip with the holes punched down the sides with Dealers Record wrote at the top right on a gold background yeh?
Anyhoo, ive been into Jessops when i was buying a 35mm prime and asked them if it was possible they couldve registered the camera and they said it would be highly unlikely. Pezza, if you get a chance could you take a photo of your slips so i can see what the hell im missing. Ive registered the camera on Nikon and subscribed to the 2nd year warranty to see what happens.
Phil

Will do matey (y)

Sorry Phil I'm sure I had a card in the box but obviously not as I can't find it. All I've got is this sticker on the front of the box.

DSC_0734.jpg

Under the UK Sale of Goods act I would expect an expensive SLR to last a lot longer than 12 months and be fixed free of charge if it goes wrong. It's 2 years minimum in most of Europe.
Just Google for more info.

Why don't you get in contact with Nikon like I said :shrug:
Ive subscribed to the 2 year warranty and should get an email soon. When i do if they are saying i cant have it then i'll contact them.
Phil
I bought my D700 2 years ago and I had a slip of paper inside to advice about the extra 12 months warranty.
To register you need to ring 0800 408 5060 it was Homeserve who were dealing with the extra warranty on Nikons behalf..... at the time, there was also a reference number to quote NKGX71A
give them a ring and see if they will extend for you
Dave
Thanks mate.

Sorry Phil I'm sure I had a card in the box but obviously not as I can't find it. All I've got is this sticker on the front of the box.

DSC_0734.jpg

Mine defo aint got that on :(

Under the UK Sale of Goods act I would expect an expensive SLR to last a lot longer than 12 months and be fixed free of charge if it goes wrong. It's 2 years minimum in most of Europe.
Just Google for more info.

Thanks for the feedback.

Why dont you also ring the freephone number (Homeserve) and try to register it with them.....you may be lucky
Dave

Mine defo aint got that on :(

There are two reasons I can think of that the label would be missing, firstly that it's not a UK model, but if it's got Nikon UK on the slip in the box and assuming all the numbers match up, that's unlikely.

Secondly, it may not be a new camera, but a refurbished one, they don't have that sticker on the box as they only come with a 1-year warranty....

There are two reasons I can think of that the label would be missing, firstly that it's not a UK model, but if it's got Nikon UK on the slip in the box and assuming all the numbers match up, that's unlikely.

Secondly, it may not be a new camera, but a refurbished one, they don't have that sticker on the box as they only come with a 1-year warranty....

I bought the camera from Jessops so would be rather peeved if that was the case.

just email nokon and ask, there very good, i had a problem with one of my d300s itkept saying it was already registered to someone else, and emaild them and they sorted it out no problem what ever,
Ive applied for the 2nd year warranty and will see what they say before doing anything else.
Phil

Let us know what happens Phil. If your luck is anything like mine they will not reply. 10 days after I bought my D700 they had a free offer of NX2 for anyone buying the D700, I wrote to them to see if I could get it FOC and never got a reply.

Last edited:
Let us know what happens Phil. If your luck is anything like mine they will not reply. 10 days after I bought my D700 they had a free offer of NX2 for anyone buying the D700, I wrote to them to see if I could get it FOC and never got a reply.
I'll defo keep you all up to date. No email so far!:(
Phil

Those who have registered the warranty on the site do they send you a letter saying it's registered or just an email?

I bought the camera from Jessops so would be rather peeved if that was the case.

Jessops do occasionally sell refurbs - the tell-tale sign (apart from the lack of the 2-year warranty label) on the box is a seal over the tab of the lid which leaves a sticky residue with "void" on it when removed..

Definitely worth getting extended warranty with Nikon products.:naughty:

:thinking: anything :shrug:

:thinking: anything :shrug:
The number i rang out me through to Homeserve who told me it wasnt down to them and theyve given me a number for Nikon regarding the matter but theyre only open 9-4.30 weekdays. Ive been so busy i havnt been able to get through as we cant use phones in work time and when ive tried ringing on a dinner break ive been unable to get through. I'm gonna try tomorrow and will spend my whole dinner break if i have to.

Those who have registered the warranty on the site do they send you a letter saying it's registered or just an email?

Just a letter I think, I've had a rake through my old mails but I can't find any e-mail confirmation of the extra warranty. I bought the camera (D700 from Jessops) around a year ago and it had stickers on the box advertising the extra warranty and a form inside which could either be mailed back or completed online. The offer may have been different at that time though.

John

If you have registered your Nikon stuff with Nikon UK, log into your Nikon account, and you should have "FREE 2nd Year Warranty" ticked in the subscriptions section.

If you have registered your Nikon stuff with Nikon UK, log into your Nikon account, and you should have "FREE 2nd Year Warranty" ticked in the subscriptions section.

Thing is i just registered recently well after the 30 days and yes, my 2nd year warranty box is ticked but only where i ticked it to ask for it.....

Anyway, i managed to ring them today and they said that if it was UK stock it shouldve had the documentation to get the 2nd year.... and that if i didnt register it in the 30 days theres nothing they can do.:( I also went into Jessops to buy a Hoya filter and mentioned the issue to a member of staff who said i should speeak to the manager who was on holiday until the end of Nov so i will go back in. Is there any way to tell if you have a grey import by the serial?
Phil

Back