options ...

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I have a d800e and a small selection of lenses that I use as my main camera.

I also have a d7000 bought new in Dec 2011 (with 18-55 and 55-200 fx), I don't use the d7000 much now so i am thinking of replacing with a bridge or ruggedized replacement ... I like the quality of Nikon but open to other makes. GPS might be nice too.

My son if off to Morocco and needs a travel camera (he's not using the d800e!) ... what do you recommend ?

thanks

Depends very much on budget. If money isn't a problem, maybe the new Nikon 1 AW could be the answer? Interchangeable lenses, waterproof down to 15m, droppable from 2m, freezable. (All Nikon claims - I don't plan on dropping or freezing mine, although I do intend to get it wet!). Not a cheap option though. Add the FT-1 adaptor and it can use F mount AF-S (or similar) lenses and has a 2.7x (approx.) crop factor (great with a 70-300 VR!) Most bridge cameras are rather less waterproof and rugged, although some do offer decent IQ. I have a Fuji HS-30 which turns in decent enough pictures for the cost.

BTW, I assume you mean the 18-55 and 55-200 Dx lenses, suitable for crop bodies? The D7000 kit should fetch a reasonable price in the classifieds.

hi Nod

thanks, I'll have a look at the Nikon 1AW.

(& yes, both DX lenses and low shutter count on the 7000)

Back