Orange tip

Amazing shot.... I personally would have gone the other way with the free space ie to the left but I wasn't there and it could be a god awful post.

Really nice work. How you manage to get so close to these amazes me, they always fly away before I even get close.

Thank you for your comments, when the day is hot these butterflies never stop flying or if they do it`s only for a few seconds so I try to get out before the sun gets too high to try and catch them warming up, at the moment about 8.30-9.00 am maybe a little later as it`s spring. The green veined white I saw settle when I felt a few spots of rain and he stayed where he was so I had lots of time to take photos he was`nt going to move while there were drops of rain falling.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments, when the day is hot these butterflies never stop flying or if they do it`s only for a few seconds so I try to get out before the sun gets too high to try and catch them warming up, at the moment about 8.30-9.00 am maybe a little later as it`s spring. The green veined white I saw settle when I felt a few spots of rain and he stayed where he was so I had lots of time to take photos he was`nt going to move while there were drops of rain falling.

That's interesting to know, makes sense. I think a trip out a bit earlier in the day is required then! Thanks :)

Another lovely image. I agree with Bryn on the space in front rather than behind though.

Back